When a ghost said hi and received a f**k you

Before any major discussion could take place, Archer could no longer bear the shampoo drying into his hair that he rushed to the bathroom to quickly rinse it off and finally put some clothes on. Meanwhile, Cooper and Skyler remained on the couch, waiting for him with their new, apparently dead company.

Skyler for the most part kept his blue-eyed gaze down, only occasionally lifting it to check if there really was a girl in front of him whom Cooper had claimed to be a ghost. There wasn't much that made her look like one though. The main attributes were her incredibly pale skin and light blue, almost lifeless, eyes. But Skyler assumed those could have just been a part of her original features.

Cooper, on the other hand, was too busy playing a game on his phone to really pay attention to anything else at the moment. He had a minor case of ADHD and found it hard to sit still whilst doing nothing like Skyler so easily could do.

Soon, Archer finally returned, now in a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. He joined his friends on the sofa, sitting right in the middle.

He began, "Okay, now that we're all here, you have some serious explaining to do."

Cooper ended his game to stare at the ghoulish girl with his two friends. The girl felt like she was under a spotlight standing in front of them, waiting to be harshly judged. She wasn't sure why she had to be here. Although, there was also a lot she didn't know apart from that.

The girl had stopped crying by then, but now her sadness was slowly transforming into anger. She was angry to suddenly wind up in a house with three male strangers. She was angry she was in the middle of practically being interrogated by them when she didn't even know what to say about herself. But above all else, she was angry she was dead for some reason.

"Well?" Archer said after the girl remained completely silent for a few minutes.

"I don't know what else I have to explain. I'm dead, and I'm pissed off about it," the girl replied, nearly surprising herself at how much anger showed in her voice.

"But that's the thing," Skyler said, still very much skeptical. "How do you know you're dead? You look pretty normal to us, maybe excluding the rag you have on."

The girl looked down at her attire for the first time. She wore a tight, long-sleeved, black dress that ended at the middle of her thighs. There was an obvious tear down the left side that revealed the tip of her underwear. It was a bright shade of red that mirrored the sudden blush on her cheeks. She pulled her dress down, though it did little to cover more of herself, but at least her underwear was no longer on show for three men she knew nothing about.

"I-It's not a rag. It's a dress!"

"Well, it looks like it's been used as a rag. You're so wet."

"That's what she said!" Cooper added. However, it earned him little to no amusement from the serious crowd. He shrugged. "Just saying... But guys, you should know that her dress isn't wet from the shower. I saw it up close and the water literally passed right through her! That's not the only thing she could pass through though. Show them, Rags."

"Hey, my name is not Rags!" the girl protested, ending in a deep sigh.

She didn't know why she had to go on explaining herself like this. Why did it matter if these three men believed her or not? They were complete strangers. However, the anticipation riddled on all three faces—especially the blonde one's—before her left her with little choice. She drew herself closer to the coffee table in front of the sofa. A cooled cup of tea rested there that Skyler had made for himself before this entire ordeal had begun. The girl reached for the handle, only to frown when her hand could not get any kind of grip on it. Her fingers simply passed through the ceramic as if it wasn't even there.

"That's insane," Archer said under his breath.

"But it's weird," the girl added. "I can still touch the floor and walls, just not any other objects. There's still a lot I don't understand..."

"Well, do you at least know why you suddenly appeared in our shower?" Archer asked, recalling the terrifying moment earlier when he had opened his eyes to rinse off his shampoo only to see two blue eyes staring up at him.

The girl shook her head. "I have no idea. I just woke up and was standing in the shower with you. I'm sorry, I guess, for scaring you back then. And I didn't see anything, I swear! I was too confused at the time to really take in what was around me anyways."

Archer wrapped his arms around himself, shuddering at how exposed he once was to the ghost girl. "You better not have!"

"So, you don't even know how you died?" Skyler finally spoke again after taking the time to process the idea of ghosts actually being real. He was never much of a believer in the paranormal, so all this was still quite absurd to him. But he was slowly becoming more convinced of its validity the longer he stared at the otherworldly girl.

"Nope, not a clue."

"Like, what about your name then?" Cooper asked. "Surely, you should know your name."

The girl opened her mouth to answer, though no sound was produced. What was her name? How old was she? Where did she live? It seemed every piece of knowledge about herself was currently casted behind a thick, impenetrable fog inside her mind. She didn't want to accept it, but the truth of the matter was that she knew absolutely nothing about her own self apart from the things she could visibly see. This only fueled her already considerable anger.

"I don't know, damn it!" she exploded, lowering her head and stomping her bare foot. However, she couldn't get the satisfaction of a loud thump beneath her as her body was as light as air and did no damage to the wooden surface. "I don't fucking know anything about me! It's just all a big blank!"

The room turned silent. The three men were too taken aback by the outburst to say anything. That was, until a low voice cut in, "Stupid fucking bitch."

The girl's head shot up in furious surprise. "What the fuck?! Who said that?"

"Said what?" Archer asked in confusion that mirrored his friends'.

"Don't play dumb. One of you just called me a stupid fucking bitch."

"Uh, no, we didn't."

"Useless ass bitch. Where the fuck is my morning tuna?"

"There! One of you said it again! And you just asked for your morning tuna!" It wasn't until after she'd spoken that the girl realized how stupid she just sounded.

"Uh, are you like okay, man?" Cooper asked. "You probably can't take them, but I do have some med—"

"No, shut up!"

"Okay..."

To fill the silence, from behind the girl came the soft patting of some very tiny footsteps. She turned around to see a white Persian cat sending a tired glare at Cooper.

"Mr. Sprinkles, you're up!" Cooper exclaimed. His ADHD was firing up and he jumped out of his seat in no time to go pick up and pet his furry companion. "Did my little kitty have a good sleep?"

The cat looked completely unamused as Cooper proceeded to rub his cheek against his own. There wasn't much of a reaction from Archer and Skyler either as they'd seen this scene on a daily basis. However, the girl could only stare wide-eyed at the cat since she was the only person in the room to hear the shocking truth.

As the cat let out a huge yawn, so too did the low, menacing voice return. "I'm going to fucking kill this bitch one day, and it's going to be slow and painful."