When an idiot was possessed by evil spirits

"Rags could go for some exorcise. She's all skin and bones! Ha! And another pun-point for Coops today." Cooper gave himself a high-five, which was essentially a clap over his head.

"You're not one to talk about weight, Coops," Skyler retorted, staring at his friend's own skinny frame. "And this isn't the time to be making jokes. Arch's grandma wants to get rid of Rags."

The grandmother wasted no time beginning a sacred chant in Korean. Rags immediately felt its effects. Her throat and chest constricted, making it hard to breathe. Her vision was blurring. She became overwhelmed by the fear of disappearing forever. "Guys—Do something!"

With no time to think, Archer lifted his grandma into his arms. "Grandma! Have you eaten breakfast yet? I don't think you have. Let's go get something to eat. Coops, get my wallet and keys from my room!"

Archer took his grandma out of the apartment and to a diner across the street. He learned she wouldn't be staying the night thankfully. His mom would come get her later that evening. He just needed to stall her until then. This meant he'd have to skip classes today as there was no way he'd let her stay alone at home with Rags. She was sure to perform some shaman exorcism on her as soon as she got the chance. Now Archer began to regret ever doubting his grandma's capabilities. She was the real deal after all.

"Junyoung, there is ghost in your apartment."

"I know, grandma."

"You know? Are you crazy? Why are you living with ghost?"

Archer took a deep breath, preparing himself for the out-of-ordinary conversation he was about to have. "I don't want you to exorcise that ghost. She's my friend."

"Friend?" his grandmother scoffed. "Ghosts and people cannot be friends."

"Yes, they can be. She is. She's helped me and my friends numerous times, and we're helping her too. She didn't know anything about herself when we first met her. We've been trying to help her get her memories back. I won't let you get rid of her after everything we've been through together."

Archer thought his grandma would become angrier by his response, but she loosened her tense expression. "A ghost and no memories. I see..."

"What do you mean?"

"That ghost is lost here. To have peace, she must remember."

"Are you saying she'll be able to peacefully move on if she gets her memories back?"

His grandmother nodded. Although Archer was happy to find out about this, he was also sad at the thought of Rags no longer being around. To be honest, he didn't completely want her to leave. That was, until his grandma stated, "But she doesn't have much time."

"There's a time limit?"

"Yes. If ghost stays here too long, it loses its chance to ever find peace. It then becomes evil spirit, like the ones that latch onto people and make them do bad things or turn homo."

Archer couldn't help getting offended by that last statement. "Grandma, I don't think that's how homosexuality works—"

"Of course, it is! Homos are unnatural things controlled by evil spirits. You must be very careful about them."

"Yeah, sure..." Archer had yet to come out to his grandma, and after this conversation, he was even more certain that he never would. But this talk wasn't about his sexual orientation. He asked, "So, do you know any way I can help this ghost remember her past before it's too late?"

To his relief, his grandma nodded. "I have friend who has what you need."