Never felt this way

•°•You're my spark in the dark•°•

○■○■○■○■○■○■○
■Mark's P.O.V.■
○■○■○■○■○■○■○

I sit next to Catherine's hospital bed holding her hand as she sleeps. She's so beautiful when she sleeps and even more beautiful when she's awake.

I trace circles with my thumb on the back of her hand. For the first time in so long, I can actually see my future with this girl.

I don't know, what I would've done if she would've died in that car accident.I've never met anyone like her.

I know it sounds very cliché but it's true. She makes me happy

I lift her hand slowly, placing a soft kiss on the back of her hand. I look at her smiling, my lips still softly pressed against her hand.

I don't care, if she didn't have any good relationships with other guys.

All I know is, I'll always try my best to keep her safe. No matter how stubborn she is, I'll always be there for her.

It might ruin my reputation, but I'll risk it. Just to be with Catherine.

I'm gonna sound cliché once again.

But she's my happily ever after......

****

"Hey" I say looking at her as she opens her eyes. "Hi" she says softly and gives me a small smile. "How'd you sleep, beautiful?" I ask looking at her. "Good" she says smiling.

"How you feeling?" I ask still holding her hand.

"Little bit better" she says smiling softly.

"Doctor says you'll be signed out by tomorrow" I say rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb smiling.

"Thank God" She says laughing softly.

I smile and look across the room at Jasmine that's not in the chair anymore.

"Where's she?" Catherine asks softly and tries to sit up.

God....she's hard headed.

"I'll go find her for you. Just relax please" I say kissing her forehead softly before leaving the room.

I walk down the hall and bump into Sophie.

"Sophie" I say looking at her smiling slightly.

"Hey Mark" She says smiling.

"Did you see Jasmine.......by any chance?" I ask not wanting my girlfriend to jump out of her hospital bed.

"Nope" She says shaking her head slightly.

"Okay......well thanks anyway" I say patting her back softly as I move past her.

As I walk around the hospital looking for Jasmine. I look at the elevator to see her stepping into the elevator.

"Jasmine" I yell running into the elevator before the door closes.

"Ugh" she groans softly. "What do you want Italian boy?" She says looking at me.

God.....she's not one of the kindest people you'll find, is she?

So glad I got the kind sister.......

"Your sister's worried about you and wants to know where you are" I say slightly out of breath.

That slight jog, was surprisingly a workout all on it's own.

"Yeah.....well I need to go somewhere" she says not making eye contact.

I'm not even gonna try to convince her to tell me...........

"Where if I may ask?" I say looking at her.

"Somewhere" she says rolling her eyes and walks out of the hospital and gets in a cab.

Women.......

I'll really never understand them

****

"She refused to tell me" I say looking at Catherine as I tell her what Jasmine told me.

"Sounds like Jasmine" she says softly shaking her head.

"Your sister is a very mean person" I say furrowing my eyebrows slightly.

"I know......she's always been that way and she'll probably stay that way for as long as she lives" Catherine says smiling.

"Yeah well I'm glad I got the kind sister" I say smiling as I kiss her cheek. She just smiles.

"Yeah well between you and your cousins, I'm glad I got the calm one" She says laughing softly.

"What do you mean?" I ask smiling holding her one hand as I look at her.

"I mean like......Nathan's the oldest between all four of you guys. He's been through stuff and is probably the only one that knows how to handle shit" She says smiling slightly.

"Oww" I say widening my eyes.

"It's not meant to hurt you, but he knows how to handle shit and still stay himself" She says shrugging.

I just nod, because I kind of agree on that one about Nathan.

"Liam......he's a kind, caring guy. Very emotional but he's a very nice caring guy. Mostly crazy but he's the nicest between you four. He knows how not to hurt people" She says smiling.

"I'm kind and caring" I say protesting.

"Yeah, but he's more than you are" She says giving me one of those smiles, that instantly tells you 'it's-the- truth-and-you-know-it'.

I just sigh and nod after agreeing. I mean it is kinda true.......

Even if I don't like admitting it to people.

"Lucas......well he's a emotionless guy-" She says but I cut her off.

"For good reasons" I say and she nods smiling softly.

"For his own personal reasons. But Lucas shows no emotions to anyone. I'm suprised to see him smiling sometimes" she says slightly suprised.

She's not the only one, that's realized he has been smiling more than usual.

I just nod slightly and smile as I look at her.

"See......and you....well you're a kind caring guy. You show love easily towards others. And you know when to show emotions and when not to. That's why I'm glad I got the calm one. You're always so calm and trusting. And I love that about you" she says smiling.

I don't know what came over me, but I just suddenly cup her face with both my hands and kiss her.

Not on the cheek or on the forehead.

I actually kissed her on the lips and I don't regret it......not even one bit.

She's diffrent from other girls, I've met before.

But her different, is the kind of diffrent that makes me imagine my future with her. Untill we're sitting on the front porche, holding hands and talking about all the memories we shared through out all the years.

I want to her to be in my future.........She makes me feel so happy.

Something I haven't felt in such along time........

•°•A good women could be your best investment•°•