Chapter 8

A/N: Thank you all so much for the wonderful reviews!  I'm so happy that you're enjoying the story!  I've got another story in the works as well as an older story that I'm thinking of posting on here.

"When the designs are chosen with care, tattoos have a power and magic all their own.  They decorate the body but they also enhance the soul".  ~Michelle Delio

 ...

BPOV

Friday morning, I woke up with a pounding headache and an aching in my ribs but a smile on my face. I had planted one on my shy guy, and he had reciprocated. He was always sweet, but the past two days he'd been a total sweetheart. I still couldn't believe that I'd asked him out from my hospital bed, and I giggled as I recalled his expression when I brought up sex. Edward was so clueless about how good looking he was.

I got up gingerly from the bed, went to the bathroom, then headed downstairs. I made some tea and toast, popped a painkiller, then sat down to call my mother. She had called and left me a message the other day, wondering why I was ignoring her. I wasn't. Not really. Picking up my cell, I dialed her number.

"Isabella Marie Swan! You had me worried sick. I've been trying to get a hold of you for days!" she screeched in my ear.

I let out a sigh. "Sorry, Mom. I've had a lot going on the past few days."

"Oh, really? What was going on that was so important that you couldn't spare five minutes for your mother?"

"I was in a car accident."

She changed her tone immediately and let out a dramatic gasp. "How badly are you hurt? Are you okay? What happened? Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you have someone call me?"

"Mom! One question at a time. I'm okay. I've a few stitches and some bruised ribs. I hit a patch of ice, and I slid into a tree."

I purposely didn't answer her questions regarding why I didn't call her. It was pretty obvious why I didn't.

"I told you not to move up there! I'm sure that Billy would be more than happy to welcome you back. You can have your old room back," she rambled on.

I rolled my eyes. Lord, she was too much sometimes.

"Mom, I'm not moving back. I like it up here, despite the weather."

"Well, okay. But if you change your mind—"

"I won't."

"Hmm ... so how are things with that Edward?"

I felt a smile grace my face. "Things are good. We actually have a date tonight."

"Oh, that's wonderful! I want you to call me tomorrow and let me know how it went. Promise me.”