Chapter 25

A/N: Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter up.  RL has gotten in the way, and I'm feeling a bit under the weather.  

....

"A tattoo is a true poetic creation, and is always more than meets the eye. As a tattoo is grounded on living skin, so its essence emotes a poignancy unique to the mortal human condition." ~V. Vale and Andrea Juno

....

EPOV

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked it for the sixth time, thinking that I'd some how silenced it and missed a call from Bella. I hadn't. It was thirteen minutes past noon, and she hadn't arrived yet. It wasn't like her to be late and if she was, she always called to let me know. I dialed her number and again, I got no answer. Something was wrong. I was positive about it.

"Did your girl stand you up?" Jared asked, coming out back for a quick smoke.

"Something's wrong," I told him. "She's never late and if she is, she calls."

"Did you try calling her?" he asked.

I gave him a look. "Of course. She's not answering, which isn't like her."

"Maybe she got busy and forgot. Why don't you call Jake or Seth?"

That was a great idea. Pulling my phone back out of my pocket, I dialed the number to the shop. Seth answered on the third ring.

"Eclipse. This is Seth."

"Hey, Seth. It's Edward. Is Bella around?"

"No. She left at noon to get you."

"She isn't here, and she's not answering her phone. I'm starting to freak out."

"Stay calm. I'll check out back and see if her car is still here."

"Thanks."

The next three minutes were grueling. Finally, he came back on the line, and he sounded panicked.

"She's not here! Her car is here, and I found her phone lying on the ground."

I couldn't think, all I could do was feel. And I felt a horrible, blinding panic take over. I must have started to hyperventilate because Jared shoved me down on a crate and pushed my head between my knees after grabbing my phone from me. Jared and Seth talked for a few minutes before Jared handed me the phone back.

"Edward! Edward, man! You need to breath. Seth is calling the police. Get your shit together. I'll drive you over to Eclipse," Jared told me.

I barely heard him. All I could think about was the fact that my Bella was missing. Someone had taken her. Taking a deep breath, I knew that I had to get it together. It wouldn't do Bella any good if I broke down. I needed to be strong for her. Taking a few more breaths, I stood up and followed Jared to his car.

Within minutes, we were pulling up in front of Eclipse. Before the car was completely parked, I was out and running inside the building. Jake and Seth were talking to a couple of police officers.

"Edward," Seth said, looking miserable. "I'm so sorry. I didn't even think to walk her out to her car. This is all my fault."

I shook my head at him. "It's not your fault, Seth."

I was informed by one of the police officers, that Mark was on his way down. I sat down on the couch in the waiting area and waited for someone to tell me something. Ten minutes passed before two officers came in from the back. They said something to the guy in charge, who then walked over to me.