Epilogue

A/N: Aw, man.  Here it is.  The epilogue to this little story.  *sniffles*  

....

"And they lived happily ever after."

....

6 Years Later

BPOV

"Abigail Esme Cullen! Let go of your brother!" I hollered out the door, watching as my three year old attempted to drag my fourteen month old son around.

"But, Mama—"

"Abbie," Edward said from across the yard. "Let go of Luke. He'll walk when he wants to."

My daughter let out a huff as she crossed her arms over her chest. She was clearly not happy. I rolled my eyes and went back to decorating the cake. It was Emmett's birthday, and we were having a party for him at our house. He had divorced Rosalie almost five years ago. At the time, I hadn't honestly thought that he'd really do it. Apparently, neither had Rosalie. She had been shocked and furious. At first she'd begged him to take her back, claiming that she'd go to marriage counseling, but Emmett stood strong and refused. Six months later, he was single. He'd given her their house and continued to live next door to us.

He'd recently gotten engaged to very nice woman named Maggie, and the family was thrilled. Well, most of the family was thrilled. Abbie was a little jealous. She loved her Uncle Emmett and wasn't too keen on the idea that she would have to share him.

Alice and Jasper had flown into town for the party. They had gotten married right after we did, and things had been good for them at first. They had moved to Seattle after Alice had gotten a job working with a well-known designer. But six months ago, Jasper's father had fallen gravely ill, so he'd gone back to Texas to be with him. Jasper had gotten a job teaching history at the local high school, and he loved it. He loved being back in Texas near his family. Alice, on the other hand, hated Texas. All she did was bitch about it whenever she called to talk to Edward or Esme. I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before she left and went back to Seattle.

Sometimes it was hard to believe that six years had flown by. Almost a year after my kidnapping, I'd had to testify against Caius. Doing so, had brought back all the nightmares, and I'd gone back into therapy. Caius had been given two life sentences with no chance of parole. Something I was extremely grateful for. After the trial, life slowly went back to normal. Our marriage continued to flourish, and we had decided to wait a while to have children, but sometimes things don't go according to plan.

I still remembered when we first found out I was pregnant with Abbie. We'd been vacationing on Isle Esme for our third anniversary, and I hadn't been feeling well. By the time we'd gotten home, Edward was convinced that I had picked up some rare tropical disease and was on the verge of death.  I had assured him that I would talk to Carlisle, so that was what I had done.

"Bella! How are you? How was your trip?" Carlisle had asked as I'd taken a seat in his study.

"It was great. I haven't been feeling too well though, and your son is convinced I have some tropical disease."

Carlisle had cracked up. He was used to Edward's over protectiveness. I had explained my symptoms to him as he took notes and after I was done talking, he had looked at me.

"Could you be pregnant?" he'd asked me.

My mind had completely faltered. I hadn't even considered that option. Mentally, I had counted back and realized that my period was late. I had opened my mouth, but nothing came out so I tried again.