Chapter 2- Who I am

I saw Ik-Soo stand between the door, his lip curve into a smile. I nodded back at him. I took a last glance at them then move forward into the forest. My first destination is Hakuryuu's village.

I was walking along the path according to the map that Yoon gave me. I probably reach there by tomorrow if I just keep on going without any rest. Tonight is the Sixteenth Night of the month. I soon have to hide myself from the humans.

I wonder what Asahi is doing now? Is he eating well? Did he get enough sleep? These question linger in my mind, feeling uneasy.

I'm grateful to meet Ik-Soo. I met him when I was a child. He is a kind, clumsy man who always has his head in the clouds. He is someone who can't lie, and this leads him to expose who he is, despite his decision to keep a low profile.
He has a positive outlook on life and always helps people in need. However, because of the widespread problem of poverty, he anguishes over this as he can't help everyone.Even though he appears to be an airhead, he can be a serious and mature person who gives advices to anyone who needs it.

"Hi there, miss."I heard a voice came from above the tree. As I look up, I saw a blue eyes and thick, messy yellow hair. He wears an orange overcoat with diamond patterns on top of a white robe with brown hemlines, fastens a green scarf around his neck, and dons brown short boots.

"Who are you?"I asked him as he stared down at me and smile. "Zeno is my name!"He landed on the ground and reached out his hand to me,"Nice to meet you!"
I took his hand and shake it,"My name is Sumire."

Growl~~~

"Ehehee..."His saliva drool out from his mouth. I let go of his hand and dropped my bag to the ground. I took out the food that Yoon prepared for me and gave it to him. "Thank you miss, you're so kind."Zeno thanked me and ate the food like he hadn't eat for like a thousand years.

"Please, excuse me. I will get going now."I bow at him and picked up my bag. "Wait, miss."He stood up and dust the dirt off his clothes,"I will come along and accompany you. It's to repay you for the food."
"You don't have to." "No. I insist."He smiled.

"Okay then.."I nodded as he tagged along. "Where are you going,miss?"He asked after he swallowed the food. "To Hakuryuu's village."I answered. "Why?" "He told me to greet the four dragons." "He?" "The priest."

"Oh, I see!"With that, he stood in front of me with a big smile,"Smile! I want to see your smile, miss!"
I stare at him for a good 30 seconds. "Umm..Smile?"His sweat dropped. "This is my smile."I looked at him. Zeno then chuckled,"That isn't a smile, miss. Don't worry, I will teach you when I have the time."

"..Okay.."I nodded.

____________

After 4 hours of walking, we stumbled across a river. I then dropped my bag on the ground and took out the tent,"This is a good place to stop." I looked at the sky. I have some time before sun down.

"I will get some firewoods!"Zeno volunteer and I nodded. After finishing setting up tent, Zeno came back with a bunch of firewoods and dropped it onto the ground. I took out a lighter from my bag and light the firewoods.

"Zeno, I will be back by tomorrow morning. Stay at here and rest."I told him. "Where are you going?"He asked. "For a night walk..." He nodded his head and smile. I left him there with my bag just in case he needs something and I ran into the woods.

I sat and lean against the tree as I watched the sky turned to dark. That's when it happened. My eyes turned into what humans fear the most. The eyes of a Demon. The eyes that lust for bloods. I closed my eyes as the memories of the past flash before me.

~Flashback~

"Sumire! Come with me!"He took my hand as we were running away from the villagers. But soon, we stumbled upon a dead end, we are at the edge of a cliff.

Asahi then dropped to the ground, coughed out bloods. "Asahi!"I shouted at him and tried to lift him up. "Sumire, I will..only slow you down."He coughed. "No! You're not!"

"Sumire...listen...Run away and live..freely."His mouth turned to a smile and looked at me,"From the bottom of my heart....I love you.."

~End of Flashback~

I opened my eyes. That is the first time I heard those words uttered from him. Well, I just have to focus on one thing. Don't let Zeno know who I am. I'm the last being on Earth that the human named it, Noblesse.