Chapter 16- The ghostly incident

"Where am I..."The blue haired girl opened her eyes.  "You finally awake!"Soo-Won went close to the girl.  "Just who the hell are you?! Are you the people who were sent by my father?!"Princess Lili shouted. "I think there's a misunderstand here. We're just a traveler."Soo-Won laughed nervously.

"But how could a traveler know that I'm the daughter of the General of the Water Tribe?"She asked. Soo-Won however, continued to laugh nervously then dropped his head to the ground,"Well, you found us out. We're actually retired from being a bodyguard to an emperor and also being taught about the country." "Oh, I see."

"She...believed it..?"Sumire muttered under her breath. "Hm? Sorry, umm the girl who is standing there. I can't hear you."Princess Lili apologized.  "Oh..I'm just wondering why is the princess doing outside of her castle."Sumire sighed in relief that she didn't heard the first one.

She didn't answer Sumire's question, instead just stare at the floor. A knock suddenly came and break the silent. "Hey, You gu-"A door opened and revealed Joo-Doh, with a tray of food on his hands,"How did she get here?!"

"I brought her in."Sumire told him. "What?! Why?!"  "Sumire can't just leave her in the rain."Soo-Won sweated dropped but managed to keep a smile. "You..... *sigh.....There's no point in getting mad. Here, I brought food."Joo-Doh went in and put it on the table. 

__________

"Like you have said it before."Princess Lili pointed at Soo-Won,"I'm the Daughter of the general of the Water Tribe, Lady Lili. And the reason I came here is......"She paused then started talking again,"This town is the first I've seen with people with such hardened eyes. Nadai destroys their minds and bodies, and it also altered their memories. I advised my father to take measures many times, but...he just won't listen to me. So I'm not going to ask him anymore."

"You want to make this place a better place, correct?"Joo-Doh asked. "Yes."Princess Lili answered. "You're doing this all alone?"Soo-Won questioned. "Are you saying that I'm reckless?"She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Well, even if it is reckless..I don't think someone who is making their best effort to try and break through the current situation is foolish. As long as you're thinking about the water tribe in earnest..you ought to do as much as you can without hesitation."Soo-Won tried to cheer her up.

"Surprise, isn't it?"Joo-Doh whispered to Sumire. She then leaned against the table,"He was acting like an airhead all this time, so I thought that's his personality. But...seeing him speaking like that, there's still more of him that I hadn't discover." "Just like the rumors say, don't judge a book by its cover. There's already an example right in front of your eyes."Joo-Doh take a sip of his tea. 

"I don't know how will he react if you said it in front of him."Sumire look outside, the rain is still pouring. "Probably like 'That's horrible!'."As Joo-Doh said that...

"That's horrible!"Soo-Won face palmed while Princess Lily was having fun teasing him.

Sumire and Joo-Doh looked at each other. Joo-Doh then laughed while Sumire has a smile on her face. "Can you do that again, Sumire?"Joo-Doh asked. "Do what?" "That smile." "What smile." "The one you do it before." "Did...I smile....?"Sumire asked. "HAH?! What's with that question? Are you saying that you did not smile before?!"  "No. It's not that I haven't smile before-"

"Smile."Joo-Doh said. "Hm?" "I said smile." "Why do I have-" "Do it or I have to pinch your cheek."Joo-Doh threaten her. Sumire just sighed, she put up a smile that she has not done for ages.

 Sumire just sighed, she put up a smile that she has not done for ages

"Well, there's one thing I need to tell you."Joo-Doh cleared his throat,"That smile suit you, Sumire." "You're joking."

Just then,"Don't worry, the three of us will be your bodyguard." Sumire and Joo-Doh turned to look at Soo-Won. "Can you repeat that again, Lord Won?"Joo-Doh made an irritated smile. "Um...become Lady Lili's bodyguard..?"

____________

"I'm going to be sharing a room with you?"Princess Lili asked. "Yes."Sumire nodded. Soo-Won and Joo-DOh had left to their room. "Sorry, I haven't properly introduce myself yet. You can call me Lili." "I'm Sumire.."As soon as she told her name, she stood up and went towards the door. "I'll be back."

_____________

[Jae-ha's POV]

I'm looking around the place for Yona and the others to stay for the night, but just as I was headed towards the inn, I heard a voice in there.

"With this many Nadai, I can earn plenty of money! I'm rich!"

I'm trying not to stand myself out, but it's already night. I can't ignore that bastard who's going to sell Nadai to customer. I then extinguish all the light in there.

"Huh?! WHAT?!"

I need something to tie him. 

"Here, use this."Someone handed me a rope. "Ah, thank you. I need it......"I took the rope and tied the person.

..............

.............

Wait a sec, who is the one giving me the rope?

I look to my side where the person handed me the rope, but I saw no one. I felt shiver went down my spine as the person I tied is struggling to break free. Ghost does not exit. That's just old folk's tale.

"What do you want to do with this Nadai?"A voice came from behind me. So it is a ghost!

Okay, here's the plan. I grab the pipe on the table, spun around with my eyes close, then hit the ghost and then ran away. Good plan, Jae-ha, good plan. I quickly grabbed the pipe, I shut my eyes and turned around and-

CRASH----

Huh? I heard a glass shattered. "You broke it." I opened my eyes to see what had happened. I saw a girl standing in front of me with a shattered bottle as the liquid in there poured out.

The girl in front of me.....

"Sumire?!"