Chapter 12- Descent Into Chaos

"Why...are you here?"I questioned him. Zeno smiled and answered me,"You shouldn't travel alone. It's nice to have company!" "You...shouldn't come here. If you don't want to get your hands bloody, I suggest you to leave immediately."I said as I raised my tone. 

Just then, the door opened and revealed Han-Dae,"The rooms are ready." I nodded and stand up. Zeno was doing the same. Han-Dae then lead us to our rooms. Outside was windy as the breeze came inside the house through the open windows.

 "Oh! By the way..."Han-Dae suddenly stopped and turned around,"When are you going to leave?" "In the evening."I answered. 

"Ah..I see.."He continued to walk as we followed behind him. "Here's your room, Sumire. Zeno, your room are at the other side, please follow me."Han-Dae waved me goodbye and lead Zeno to his room.

The people in Fuuga are very kind, they even treat strangers like us like one of their families. Then a blue butterfly came into the room.

The Meaning of a Blue Butterfly is complex

The Meaning of a Blue Butterfly is complex. It is often a sign of life. They symbolize change and rebirth, regardless of their color. Blue butterflies represent love. Blue is one of the fresh colors. So, due to their colors, blue butterflies send us a vibration of joy and happiness.

 Looking at them or holding them can calm us or help us meditate. Due to their rarity, seeing one of these butterflies means also luck. Luck huh..... What kind of luck will I get?

__________

It was already evening when I step out of the house. I thought that it's better to leave here quietly without Zeno knowing. I froze in front of the main door. Zeno met me when I was young. He is 17 years old now. How did he travel at his very young age?

 "Sumire, is it that time already?" I snapped back when I heard his voice. Standing behind me was the Ouryuu, Zeno. "Hm? Is there something on my face?"He asked innocently. "Zeno..How old are-"

"Gramp!!"Han-dae came running towards us as he huff heavily. "Sumire! Zeno! Thank goodness you're okay!!"He shouted at us. Seeing him like that, something terrible had really happened.

The sound of weapon clashing and people screaming could be heard. Blood tainted the air. A war happened at somewhere else.

Without even realizing, the word 'war' accidentally came out from my mouth. Both of them heard me loud and clear. "How did you-"Just as Han-Dae was about to speak,  Mundok came out from behind us. 

"Sumire, Zeno, I suggest you to leave right away before something bad happens to the two of you. Things will get bloody soon."He said with a deep voice, like giving us a warning. "I..understand."I nodded as I gestured Zeno to leave.

_________

"Let's go, Zeno." After a few distance away from Wind Tribe, I decided to turn back. I couldn't leave them face the enemies by themselves. Zeno followed behind me and tried to catch up. I could see him smiling at me for making the right decision.

__________

Zeno and I reached there within minutes. The battlefield has a cold malevolent air to it, the wind howling pass us in every which way, as if trying to express its own confusion at the sudden sieze-fire. 

A fog was rolling in, throwing us all into despair. They couldn't fight if they couldn't see. The fog was dense, so thick they'd need a knife to cut through it. We knew, though, that we were not alone. Shadowy figures were steadily moving closer, their mangles, horrific forms visible enough to send fear punching through our guts. 

And then suddenly, we were being mobbed, arrows pelting us, slaughtering us like sheep while we weren't expecting it. I dodge the arrows and throw some of it back while defending Zeno with a katana I borrowed. Ten of the wind's tribe people were already dead.

The air was hazy, a red mist thrown up from the sheer of blood that was split the red mist and the blue sky, meeting, joining, combining until the sky, too, was red.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"A voice shouted at us,"Why did you come back?!" A shape of a figure appeared as he went closer to us-----Mundok. "It's dangerous for kids like you! Turn back now!"

SHAAAAAA-------

One of Mundok's men dropped to the ground as blood poured out from his shoulder. We were being slaughtered. There were too many of them and too little of us. It was a massacre. 

The smell of blood hit me then, the adrenaline fading fast from my system, and I retch. It was overpowering, so strong I could taste it. I could suddenly hear the screams of dying men. The smell of the blood, sweat, and fear hanging heavily in the air. 

Within a second, A troop of army showed themselves in front of us, whom still alive. I slowly walked towards the army. Mundok yelled at me to come back but I just kept walking forward and stopped in front of the army.

In that frozen second between stand off and fighting, I see their eyes flick from me to the army. Our faces are unreadable, no fear, no invitational smirk. I am banking on them making the mistake I predicted they would, and they do. 

In that instant all of them fly at me at once, ignoring the people behind me. Suddenly, Mundok, Han-Dae, and Tae-Woo, swung their weapon and send some of the soldiers backward. They have no reason to defend me. 

They expect it to be hundred of them on one, over in a bloody flash and then they go back to their quarry. Not to kill the three of them of course, but to have them do their dirty work, they're young and strong after all. But things don't go their way, not at all. 

In seconds I have taken out 30 soldiers. The soldiers leaved some space as they surrounded me, leaving no chance for me to escape. I reached out my right hand towards the sky. The sky swirled and formed into a deep dark red tornado as it suck all of the soldiers. The men from Wind tribe and Mundok, Han-Dae, and Tae-Woo watched the scene in fear. 

What're they fear?

The tornado?

The corpse?

Or.....

Me?

Doesn't matter either way. What I can do with my power right now was to wiped out all of the armies. 

______

The battlefield was dust and dirt, all baked under an unrelenting sun. The tornado disappear into the sky along with the armies, only left are the people from the Wind Tribe. I walked slowly towards them until my leg give in and I fall into someone's arm.