Chapter 8-Which is better? The truth or the lie?

She kept on walking until she reached Ik-Soo's house during sunrise.

[Sumire's POV]

I stood in front of the house, Ik-Soo is nowhere to be seen. It is quiet than usual the last time I've been here. I knocked on the door but no one came to answer. So I decided to let myself in. Ik-Soo was lying on the ground when I step inside. He had blood all over his head.

"Sumire....you're..back."His voice was fainted. I looked around and noticed the house is in a mess. "You're hungry?"I asked him. He tried to smiled,"You knew....?

___________

30 minutes pass....

"Thank you, Sumire."Ik-Soo smiled as he eats the food that I cook for him. I was sweeping the broken pieces that Ik-Soo broke while no one was home. It's really surprising for a human could survive without food for days. "Are you..not lonely living alone?"I asked him which caused him to look at me. "Probably. But the God is here with me. So I'm not entirely lonely. Even is we can't see the God but we believe that the God is exist in our heart."Ik-Soo explained. "I see..."

I threw away all the broken pieces into the hole that I dug and buried it. It's a matter of time before they will arrive. I was sitting against the tree and close my eyes.

I opened my eyes again. I wasn't at Ik-Soo place anymore, in fact, I was in my village. I saw kids were playing chase, some of the villagers were chatting with each other while some of them were working.

The villagers gave me a cold stare as I was walking around.

"Hateful..."

"Why is she still her! She's a monster. She killed many people!"

"It's because of that person!"

I still could hear their conversation from farther away.

"She've been living here for 16 years and she's still alive!"

"We should kill her and him!"

My eyes widened and looked at the person. No..Don't kill him! I tried to speak but my throat was caught by something, making it hard.

With a blink of an eye, my house where I used to live in was caught on fire. Asahi was beside me, telling me to run as he reached out his hand.

"Sumire!"

I immediately jolt awake, sweat dropped from my forehead. "Are you okay?"I didn't noticed the person in front of me until she spoke. "I'm fine..Yona."I said. "Is Miss Sumire alright?"A Yellow boy appeared beside Yona, looking worried. I nodded.

All of the four dragons gathered behind Yona. "Ah!It's you!"A green haired man pointed his finger at me. A spear appeared beside his neck,"Don't point your filthy finger at her, droopy eyes." "What? Pointing aren't allow in this world?"Jae-ha sweated dropped as he put down his hand. "It's allow. However, it's not allow in my world."Hak said as a book landed on his head. "This is not anyone world!"Yoon scold him.

"Welcome back."I looked at the people in front of me from left to right. It's really sure has grown. Then Yoon spoke,"Where's Ik-Soo?" "Inside."I answered. "Ah, I see. Thanks."With that, he quickly went inside the house. 

"Zeno, you met Jae-ha before? That's the question that I'm about to ask but I kept forgetting."Kija asked. But Jae-ha is the one who answered him,"In fact, they did. I met both of them before." His answered caught all of their attention. "And you didn't tell us? Why didn't you said anything when we met the Ouryuu?"Hak asked. 

"Ahh~"Jae-ha sweat dropped,"Well.....I forgot..?" "You really got guts to forget such things. It could make things a lot easier if you told us."He clenched both of his fist. "Hak!"Yona shouted. While they were busy arguing, I went over to Seiryuu,"We meet again, Seiryuu. How do you feel about the outside world?" "....Shin-ah.."He said,"The outside world...is really warm.." "Good to hear then."I then turned my head to the others.

___________

"You've gathered all of the four dragons but there's one more."Ik-Soo told them. "One more dragon?"Yoon was curious. "Actually, it's not a dragon." I looked at Ik-Soo. "But..you need to find out what's the last one."He smiled. "Then what's the point for telling us that?"Hak leaned againts the wall. "It's not a dragon. Then what is it?"Yona asked. "That person will reveal itself when the time comes."

"Wait..it will come to us instead of us finding it?"Kija asked, making Ik-Soo nodded. After our conversation ended, we separated and do our own thing. I was standing before the waterfall, thinking.  Yona is different than the people in my village. She'll accept for who we are. That's what makes her special.

Then I hear a conversation nearby. I went closer to the voice and saw Ik-Soo and Hak. I hid behind one of the trees, listening to their conversation. "Ik-Soo, where exactly is Asahi?"His voice was deep. "He....didn't make it.."

My eyes widen. 

"What?" "After Sumire fell from the cliff, He was stabbed..."Ik-Soo said,"The villagers left him there. He died of blood loss." "He...."Hak then punched one of the tress nearby,"Damn it Asahi! You couldn't keep your promise after all.." 

Asahi's dead....It's my fault.....I left him to die there.

"Ik-Soo, which one is better? A lie that will draw a smile? Or the truth that will draw tears?"Hak asked. "The truth. Even though it'll hurt her, she need to move on. Even if we lie, she'll eventually know the truth." "Do you think she can move on?"Hak asked again but Ik-Soo didn't answer him.

No. I can't. I can't move on. I.....

Now I know what to do. It's the only thing I can do. I will.....