Chapter 9- The Bittersweet Memories---Asahi

I will...

I kept my head down and walked away. Each steps I took, the more I felt that it's my fault.

"You're no perfect being! You're a monster in human form! No mercy! No forgiveness!!"

I was walking towards the end of the cliff.

"Run away...that thing...is a monster!"

"Monster aren't welcome here!" "She looked at us! She's gonna read your mind!" "That's why your parents left you!"

A being as Noblesse like myself, wouldn't die that easily. However, if it causes a critical damage to the heart, then that's the end of me.

I looked down below the cliff. I don't know if this would kill me, but at the very least, it could do damages.

Suddenly, a pair of someone's arm firmly warped around me from behind, as his voice whispered into my left ear,"Don't you consider our feeling?"

Right...If I end my life now, it would be like I'm leaving them behind.

"How about Asahi? Don't you want to grant his last wish?"

"Run away and live..freely."

"How do you know about Asahi, Zeno? How do you know his last words?"I asked while he's still hugging me, no sigh of letting me go. "I let you go if you promise me not to think about suicide."

I nodded as he loses his grip on me and we stood away from the cliff. We sat across each other on the grass. "Miss Sumire, don't you remember me?"He asked. I looked at him,"Judging from the question, you've probably had met me before. I apologize for not remembering." "It's fine~It's fine."Zeno grinned,"It's a long time after all."

[Zeno is telling Sumire about his past] [Zeno's POV]

I saw a village while I was travelling. I decided to stop by to rest for a few days. However, as I arrived, I've been treated badly.

"We won't sell anything for you. Outsiders like you aren't welcome."Said one of the shopkeepers who looked at me coldly. So I decided to leave and walked towards the outskirt of the village since I've been hearing rumors about a girl and a boy living in an isolated house.

A young boy,probably at the age of seven, suddenly bumped into me from behind. He has hair resembled the sky, and eyes of determination..? It's the colour of red. Even I would've mistaken him as a Noblesse. Beside him was a girl, hair as white as snow and eyes as the ocean. But the truth about her is that..she is the Noblesse. The last and most powerful being on Earth.

Both of them have bruises all over their body. Consider the condition in the village, they probably treated them badly.

"Sumire, get behind me!"

I went back to reality when the boy spoke. He was standing in front of her protectively. My lip formed a smile and knelt to their height,"Hello~~"

I sweated dropped when both of them backed away from me slowly. "Zeno means no harm!"I said in a cheerful tone. "Yea right! Don't thi-"But he was interrupted by the girl, Sumire,"He's telling the truth.."

Asahi looked at her,"What do you mean by that?" "He is..not from the village. I think.." "The word 'I think' is not very convincing..."Then he looked back at me,"So you're not from the village?" I shook my head,"Nope! Zeno's a traveler!"

"A traveler..huh."He put a hand on his chin and rubbed it,"It's better for you to stay away from the village over there. They will..treat you badly."He continued,"Since you travel from a far away place, do you want to stay at our house at the moment? But we can't guarantee your safety though.." "It's fine! Zeno can defend himself!" "Uh..huh."He gave me an unsure look.