Chapter 18-The Past

"I'm not going."

Everyone turned to look at Sumire. "You're going to leave us again?"Yoon asked as he looked at her. All eyes are on her as Sumire just kept silent. "It's okay for Sumire to leave... She can do whatever she wants. It's not good to be forced by someone."Yona said. They could hear a little bit of sad emotion in it.

"Well, I'll take my leave then."Sumire bow to the team in apology.

[Sumire's POV]

A few minutes later, after leaving the team, I looked over to the sea. Ships from Southern Kai's direction are heading this way. If the Water Tribe make a wrong move, it'll mean war with them. It would've been easy if I'm the one who's going to stop it but I think I'll let Yona and the others handle it. For now, let me watch how'll things planned out.

[Hak's Pov]

"Hm? You guys are already back? That fast?"I saw Kija stomped towards me while Yoon rode on Jae-ha's back. But...there are two people who are missing. "Yeah. I wonder if it's time to rampage again."Jae-ha said.

"And the princess?"I asked them.

"We met Lili on the way."Yoon told me. "Don't worry,"Jae-ha opened his mouth,"Lili has some skilled bodyguards with her. Not to mention, we have to go up against the fleet."

What? What bodyguards?

"I can't trust people that I don't know-" "You can trust him. Zeno swore on the name of Ouryuu that he would protect her. So it's fine."Kija said with a straight face and he avoid making eye contact with me.

Is there something he isn't telling me? "What are-"But I was interrupted by Shin-ah. "Hak, the ships.."He said as he pointed towards the sea.

It's getting closer and closer. I wonder what's Yona up to.

[Joo-Doh's Pov]

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with him?"Sumire said without looking at me. Of all people, why did I always stumble upon her?! "I'm here to see how close were the ships. Now that I've seen it, I'll be going now."There was silence. Sumire didn't say anything.

Then she turned her head and looked at me,"Didn't you say you'll be going?"

"Sumire, after all of this end. Will you come back with us to Kouka Kingdom?"I asked as my face shows a bit of red. What the hell am I saying?!

"Sorry. I can't go back."She said without hesitation. "Of course..I'll get going now."

What am I expecting? Of course she would say no.

[Sumire's Pov]

I watched as Joo-Doh walked back slowly.

I went back to stare at the sea. Why...why couldn't I remember my parents' face. What really happened to them.

I leaned against the tree as I closed my eyes. But when I opened my eyes again, I'm not in Southern Kai anymore. I was surrounded by two doors. A white, and a red door.

I'll show you the memories of your parents. Go ahead and opened the doors.

Who's talking to me? I decided to open the white door first and stepped inside.

I was in a room surrounded with many people. "WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"A baby cried could be heard. A woman holds the baby,"Dear, this will be our daughter." A man appeared as he too holds the baby,"She looks like you. What do you want to name her?"

The woman smiled,"Her name will be Sumire. Sumire means purity, and also known as purple flower."

"That's my parents..."Sumire said. As she looked to her left, another memory appeared.

"Sumire! Don't run! Your mom just mop the floor!"Sumire's father chased after her younger self. Her younger self laughed happily with her family.

All of the memories fade as she stood in front of the red door.

Sumire, this door will reveal what truly happens to your parents. Do you wish to continue?

Without hesitant, Sumire turned the door handle. What she sees was chaos. As she looked through the window from her house, the people are running away. There's a war.

"Sumire! Hide!"Her father shouted. Her mom took her away as her father are fighting. She took Sumire away from the war. "Sumire, I'm sorry we can't be together from now on. I will help your father to fight. Live, Sumire."With that, her mom left her there.

The younger Sumire decided to go back to find her parents. "Why didn't you use your power against us..?"A voice could be heard. "It wouldn't be fair to the humans, is it not..?"She could hear her father voice. "I'm sorry." "It's fine...But please....spare my daughter....and erase her memories about us..."

The younger Sumire saw a sword pierce  through her father's heart. "Thank you.....King Hiryuu...."Was her father last word.