Chapter 3- Hakuryuu

I stayed up all night to watch for intruders. Since I'm a noblesse, sleep is not important. As the sun rises, my eyes returned to normal, dark blue eyes. I get up and went to the tent to pack and get Zeno.

As I reached at the camp, I saw everything had packed into my bag. But I didn't see the yellow haired boy anywhere.

"Good morning, miss."A voice came from above me,"Did I surprise you?"He grinned. "Not at all." "Awwww..."He then climbed down from the tree.

We continued our journey to find the Hakuryuu's village. "Did you sleep well last night?"Zeno asked. I nodded my head saying 'yes'. "That's great then!"He then walked ahead of me. Wait...something's wrong.
"Look! I can see the vill-"
Without warning, I pulled him back as an arrow shoot in front of him and hit the tree beside us. With a blink of an eye, we were surrounded by mist.

"Leave! Leave now!"A voice could be heard in the mist but it's not too far away from us. Then I saw Zeno chuckled,"The Hakuryuu's village always have strong protection. It's okay miss, they're just very protective of their village."

Hakuryuu's village? How did he know we're in their territory?

"Turn back now or we won't show any mercy."One of the voices shouted and warned us. If what Zeno said was true, then I....
"I want to see the Hakuryuu."I shouted.

"What purpose do you have with him?! Huh?!"
"Capture them!"

The rope appeared out of nowhere and tied the two of us together. We have nowhere to run. After a while, the mist began to clear up. The people from before surrounded us, leaving no changes of escaping.

"Bring them to see the Hakuryuu, let him determine their judgement!"One of them shouted. The villagers who have a spear pointed at us, telling us to move. We have no choice but to obey.

Everyone in the Hakuryuu's village were staring at us as we reached there. Everyone wear the same clothes. They locked us up in a medium sized cage.
"Don't worry, miss. The Hakuryuu won't kill us."Zeno whispered.

"Where's the intruders?!"We heard an angry voice approached us. As he came closer, I could see him clearly. His silver hair hangs further than his neck with a portion of the back being much longer and falling past shoulders; he has a long fringe which hangs mostly over the right side of his face.

For attire, he wears a long white robe with blue patterned hemlines and cuffs over plain white pants. This is held together with a dark blue sash and accompanied by a light cape. Over the top of this, he dons another white and blue cloak with a high collar. On his feet are a pair of simple brown slacks.

He stopped as he saw Zeno. "Hello Hakuryuu."He smiled at him. "You...you are the Ouryuu!"He shouted in shockness. Everyone expression turned to shock as well.

"What are you waiting for? Get him out of the cage!"One of the villagers told the guard to open the cage and let him out. "Also, let this girl out too."Zeno said. Then the Hakuryuu take a glance at me and nodded. Soon, the both of us were free from the cage.

Everyone around us bow,"We're apologize for ambushing the two of you. We didn't know." "It's fine! You are just doing your duty. So it's fine!!"Zeno calmly said.

"What brings the two of you here?"The Hakuryuu asked. I spoke,"I was sent here to greet you." "To greet me?" I nodded.
He stared at me for a while then opened his mouth,"Is..that all?" I nodded again. "Oh..But since you're here, why not stay here for a while?"He suggested. "Zeno thinks it's a great idea!"Zeno smiled.

"Great then. Let me show you your room."He lead us to his house. "If you don't mind me asking. What's your name?"I asked. "My name?" I nodded.
"It's Kija."He smiled. "I'll remember that..."
___________
I and Zeno stayed in a separate room. I went to the door when I heard a knock. Reveal an old lady as I swung my door opened. "So you're the girl that the rumors were talking about. You look very beautiful when I get a closer look."The old lady compliment. "Thank you for saying that."I bow to her to show my gratitude without showing any sign of emotion. "I'll leave for now. Rest well."With that, she left me alone.

I closed the door and look at the view outside my window.

~Flashback~

Asahi brought me to this place

Asahi brought me to this place. I was captivated by its beauty back then.
"The most beautiful thing about the world is how much is unknown to us. There are so many secrets, Sumire. So much awaiting discovery. We are merely dust motes in the vastness of the universe. But I want you to see the most beautiful thing than this."Asahi said with a smile plastered on his face.

~End of flashback~

Asahi..I will fulfill my promise. I will take this chance and travel until I find the place where it's beautiful than that.

________

I sneak out from the window to take a walk in the night. The night is always calm. "What are you doing here?"A voice called out from behind me. I turned around and saw a silver haired guy,"Taking a walk, Kija."

"Ah...I see. Mind if I join you?"He asked. I nodded my head. "Sorry but, I've never caught your name." "Sumire."
"Sumire? I'll remember that too."He smile.

We walked into the forest as he leads the way. "You're the first person who called me by my first name."He spoke as his back faced me. "Is that so..." "Thank you." "Huh?"I was confused. "Calling by name really makes my day."He said calmly.

"A-anyway, where are you going after you leave here?"He asked. "Find the next Dragon Warriors."I answered. "Why?" "The priest told me to greet each and every one of them."I lean against the tree. "I see..."

"I will stay here for two days."I told him.