it's spider-man. [0.4]

"I'm a boy- I mean a man!"

__________________

Today was Thursday. That meant the school was buzzing with whatever parties were being thrown tomorrow, whatever sports games were happening before those parties, and more.

Cora could never go to parties. She had never been to one before since she had to babysit Penny every weekend. Not only that, but she was never exactly invited to them.

She was currently zoned out in chemistry, staring out the window again while the lesson went on. She knew she could always get the notes off of Michelle, or even Peter. She was off in her thoughts because last night she was almost caught by her dad when she was sneaking out. Just before she had opened her window, he had called, "Cora, you going to bed?" And she shouted back a yes before climbing out. It was definitely close because if she had already been out that window, she wouldn't have heard him call. Then, he would have gone into her room and noticed his oldest daughter missing and would have freaked out.

Sadly, Cora's thoughts were interrupted.

"Cora Falker!" Her teacher called and she snapped her head to the front of the classroom, her eyebrows raised and she was alert. "Have you been paying any attention or have you just been staring out that window for 20 minutes?" He snapped, and she felt her face flush in embarrassment.

"Uh- n-no, I haven't. Sorry, sir." She apologized and he sighed.

"Okay. You're being moved from the window. Switch places with Ned, beside Peter." He instructed and Cora sighed, looking at Michelle with an apologetic look before getting up with her books and switching with Ned.

Peter had noticed how easily Cora got distracted. Whether it was by the clock, someone twirling their pencil, something outside.. she could never fully focus while in school. But, once they were outside of school, she could work on something and not stop for hours. She and Peter could stay focused on their project outside of school, she literally didn't stop for 2 hours straight yesterday, but when given time in class? They did nothing.

"Parker," the teacher called and Peter looked up, "what's the answer to 6c?" He asked and Peter glanced at his paper.

"Uh.." he mumbled before he found it, "it's missing.. hydrogen." He answered and the teacher nodded before writing down the answer. Soon the bell rang, and everyone gathered their books, Cora going to rush out but Peter rested a gentle hand on her shoulder and she turned around.

"You okay?" He asked quietly, noticing how distracted she always was and how she always seemed pretty tired.

Cora gave him a small smile, "Yeah, I just didn't sleep enough last night. Thanks for asking though, Peter." She said with a grin before leaving the classroom and going to her locker. Peter let out a small sigh and went to his locker, getting his books for CS before going to the class.

At lunch, Cora had her head rested on the lunch table while Michelle minded her own business and read a book.

"Is she.. taking a nap?" Ned whispered to Peter, noticing how Cora's eyes were shut.

Peter shrugged, glancing at her before looking at Ned, "I guess," He said, "She could've been up late.. we worked on the project until 8, but then May picked me up, and she probably had other homework." He reasoned, looking at Ned.

Ned looked at Peter with narrowed eyes, "did you really do the project, Peter?" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows, and Peter reacted by his face dropping into an annoyed expression.

"Dude, seriously, I don't like her like that. Even if I did, it's obvious we are just friends." Peter told him with an impatient tone.

"Whatever you say." Ned taunted, earning an eye-roll from Peter.

That night, Peter decided that tonight was the night he was going to meet Violet Knight, but of course, he would be Spider-Man.  He had waited until 10 pm so May was sound asleep in her room, and he slipped the skin-tight suit on. He knew she operated and downtown Queens.. all he had to do was keep an eye out for the colour violet.

Peter got out of his room and began swinging through the air, between buildings and over streets until he reached downtown Queens.

"Karen, give me the zoom-in function." He said, the AI immediately activating it and he scanned the tops of buildings as he stood at the top of a bank.

"Looking for moi?" He heard and he pressed the button to deactivate the zoom before he turned around, seeing Violet. She was a petite girl, not very tall, and quite thin.

"Kind of," Peter replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Why? You gonna confront me because I showed up and stole the crime or whatever?" Violet laughed, who was really Cora.

Peter shook his head, "No actually, I wanna thank you if anything."

"Thank me? For what?" Cora asked, having no idea who the boy was behind the mask. She noticed how he sounded very young, so he wasn't exactly a man.

Peter sighed and sat on the edge of the building, "for picking up my slack. Two months ago my parents caught me in the suit and now I'm barely allowed to go anywhere without them checking my bag to see if I'm taking the suit with me." He said, meaning his aunt May when he mentioned his parents.

Cora frowned a bit behind her mask and went to sit next to him, "well that sucks.. my parents have no idea I do this."

"You're a teenager?" Peter asked in surprise. Cora didn't sound young with the suit on, because she had made it so it would alter her voice to sound more mature. 

She nodded, "Yeah.. you sound like a teenager too. Kind of contradicts with the name Spider-Man, don't you think?" She asked in a cocky tone.

Peter looked at her and squinted, the white area of the mask's eyes getting smaller. "How old do you think I am?" He asked. Peter knew he had a bit of a high voice for a guy, even though he was 15. Some guys in his grade already sound 25, and he still sounded like he was 13.

"..14?" Cora guessed and Peter let out a laugh.

"I'm 15." He said, still laughing a bit and Cora giggled.

"Me too."

"Really? You sound older."

"I put something like a.. voice modifier, in the suit," Cora explained, shrugging. "Whoever made your suit didn't think of that, I guess."

Peter shrugged, "Tony Stark made my suit." He said and Cora looked at him in surprise with her violet eyes.

"Seriously?! Dude, that's fucking cool!" She exclaimed and Peter laughed again. "I had to make mine from old leather jackets and old tech parts." She confessed, sighing a bit.

"It's a good suit though. What's in it besides the voice thingy?" Peter asked curiously, a bit impressed. It looked well done, especially for a 15-year-old kid.

"Honestly, just the voice modifier. What's in yours?"

"Uh.. a heater, over 100 different web types, this little spider on the front can fly and attach to things, if someone calls me I can video chat them... there are different settings, like interrogation mode, and instant kill. I never use those though. Oh! And an AI.. her name is Karen." Peter explained, looking at Cora and she was in shock.

"You have an AI? I wish I had one of those.. and a heater would be nice. Don't know how I'll be warm in the winter. I'll manage it." She sighed.

Just then, Cora heard a distant scream and she quickly stood up. "That's my cue.. you should probably head home. If this ends up on the news your parents will see." She said, Peter simply nodding. "See ya, Spider-Boy." She said before jumping off the building and Peter let out a heavy sigh.

"It's Spider-Man!"