secret. [2.4]

"You're sitting right there with a margarita at 11 a

"You're sitting right there with a margarita at 11 a.m!"

_____________________

Peter trudged down the hallway in his apartment, still moping about New Years. How could he not? He though that he and Cora were doing just fine, but apparently she had too much going on and for some reason, it seemed as if she didn't want him helping her with her issues. That part, was what he truly didn't understand. She told him everything, hadn't she? That's what Peter thought, anyway.

It was January 3rd, and it had been 4 days since New Years, when he almost kissed Cora. When he almost asked her to go on another date. That date could have lead to him asking her to be his girlfriend, but none of that happened, and in Peter's mind, it was never going to. To him, he had lost his chance.

"Peter," May said in a soft voice as he entered the kitchen, "why don't you give her a call, honey? Just to talk about it. Maybe it'll smooth things out."

May had heard all about what happened at Flash's house. She knew how much peter liked that girl, this was worse than when he had a crush on that Liz Allan girl who was two years older than him. May somewhat understood what Cora meant, but Peter was the one who was hurt, not May. It would take him a little longer to fully understand.

"I can't, May.." Peter sighed, shaking his head tiredly as he went to the fridge and took out the carton of orange juice. He wished he could have a coffee instead, but May was persistent on keeping him from caffeine.

"Why not?"

"Because.. Cora said there is too much going on for her right now and for some reason I needed to be cut out of that, so she doesn't need me to be bugging her about it." Peter answered, pouring the OJ in a glass and putting the carton away.

"Peter, sweetie, I love you, but that is the most ridiculous thing you have ever said, and you say a lot of ridiculous things." May told him, receiving a confused - and slightly offended - look from her nephew. "If anything, she needs you right now. Relationships take a lot of energy and time, and I know she wants to be with you. It is so obvious she likes you just as much as you like her. What she meant when she said she couldn't do it was the relationship part. She doesn't have time for dates or things like that, and the additional feelings that pile on with having a boyfriend, like wanting to be with you all the time. What she needs is you to be there, as her friend, or whatever you two are right now. I don't know- the point is, you need to be there for her."

Peter stayed silent, processing everything his aunt had said. In the end, she was right. He knew she was right. It was just a matter of if Peter would be able to do that.

¤¤¤

Meanwhile, Cora was darting down the sidewalk to Lorenzo and Lina's, because she couldn't seem to find her mother this morning. Her jacket was hung up on the coat rack at home, her purse there and her motorcycle. But, she couldn't find Jaquie.