pete. [1.7]

"Footloose is iconic

"Footloose is iconic. Fight me, Parker."

___________________

Cora woke up to her alarm clock, letting out an annoyed sound of sorts when she swung her hand over, shutting it off. She had barely slept all night, tossing and turning.

That's when she remembered her mother. The woman was back, living in her house. Not to mention, she was in a gang. A biker gang to be exact.

Cora sighed and got out of bed, trudging over to her closet and taking out her blue midtown sweater, before taking black skinny jeans from her dresser and everything else she needed. She went about her morning and got her appearance ready for school, but it felt as if time had stopped when she went downstairs and saw her father, Jaquie and Penny all eating breakfast.

"Morning, Coco!" Penny exclaimed with a huge grin when she saw her older sister. Cora put on a smile for the girl, not wanting her to know she was upset.

"Morning, Penny." She said, going to the fridge and grabbing the orange juice.

"Coco?" Her mother said, Cora's jaw stiffening just at her voice. "That's cute!"

"You don't get to call me that." Cora snapped at her, shutting the fridge door. "Only my family calls me that."

"She is your mother, Cora." John said, knowing that Cora was angry about this. John was happy to welcome Jaquie back, and Penny was excited because, well, she didn't fully understand the struggles her father and sister went through, and she was just excited to have a mom.

Cora shook her head, "She isn't my mother, dad. Mother's don't leave their husband and two daughters without an explanation. After being gone for eight years.. she's merely a stranger who lives in this house."

Jaquie dropped her head and looked down at the table, knowing Cora was going to resist her coming home. She just didn't think she would be so resentful towards her, but then again, Cora had every reason to be.

"I'm gonna get an early start on my day. I'll see you later." Cora said, leaving the jug of juice on the counter, and left the house without breakfast.

Walking down the hallway before the first bell rang, Cora spotted Michelle at her locker. Michelle turned her head to look at her, but immediately dropped her head and looked away. Cora sighed and continued down the hallway, going to her locker.

Putting her books away, she thought about how ahe was supposed to function if she couldn't be around Michelle. Sure, she had Peter in chemistry and computer science, and he was in her gym class, but Ned was his partner there. Michelle was Cora's. All she could do was hope that today would be a health lesson day, and not a fitness test. Not only woukd she be without Michelle, but it was getting harder and harder for her to hide the fact she was physically advanced.