good work, kid. [1.1]

"Why call yourself Spider-Man? You're hardly a man

"Why call yourself Spider-Man? You're hardly a man."
"Why call yourself a knight when you've never been dubbed?"

___________________

Cora was so close to losing her mind with this Spider kid. She didn't think that when she agreed to partner with him on crimes, she would be subjected to him being a witty jokester who could give a quip as fast as she could. She found his voice oddly familiar, but then again, any American teenage boy had a generic voice like his. She probably heard it every day.

"For the last time, this is not spandex!" Peter defended as they sat on a rooftop on Tuesday night. It was 9:30 pm, and he had just gotten there from being at Cora's house. They had finished the prototype and started the PowerPoint presentation. All they had to do was make that presentation and they would be done.

Cora scoffed, "if it isn't spandex, then what is it? Spanx?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him. She was having a great evening until she had to meet up with him. She and Peter joked a lot while working, and he made her laugh with a bunch of bad jokes or stories about him and Ned. Then, this guy in a red and blue suit had to ruin it.

"No! It's some kind of micro-tech fiber thing."

"I'm still calling it spandex, Spidey-Boy," Cora told him, shaking her head. "You know, Spidey.. I was having such a good day until now."

Peter huffed, "oh really? And how did I ruin it?" He asked, looking at the girl next to him.

"With your stupid witty comments," Cora told him.

"Well, I was having a great day too! Before this I was at a friend's house - a cute friend's house, mind you - and it was great! I aced a quiz I had this morning.. and my best friend didn't embarrass me in front of a said cute friend today!" Peter exclaimed, now regretting the fact that he had accepted this project from Tony. Though, even if he didn't want the project, he knew he would have to do it anyway.

"Oh really? So, I take it that Spidey has a crush on his cute friend if they were such an amazing part of his day?" Cora said in an overdramatic tone, placing her hand over her heart. She trying to save the argument and make it more civil with some comedic relief.

Peter shook his head, "No, no. She's just really cute." He told her, sighing a bit. Any annoyed or irritated emotion he had slowly left at the thought of the cute blonde he was with just two hours ago.

"Does she know you're Spider-Man?" Cora asked curiously, only to see him shake his head again.

"No, God, no. She won't ever know I'm Spider-Man if I can help it." Peter said, completely unaware that his 'cute friend' was really sitting right next to him.