school. [2.5]

"You aren't going to win

"You aren't going to win."

__________________

Cora spent hours thinking about what Jaquie said. You will lose something very important to you. It made no sense to her. Things had never been important Cora. Things could be replaced. People could not.

While she thought about this, she realised her mother meant a someone. Her mind immediately thought of Penny, but she knew her mother was evil and wanted to have fun with it, and she wouldn't hurt a young child. Penny would also just comply without question.

Michelle was the next person she thought of. Michelle was her best friend who she loved like a sister, and would be lost if Michelle left. While her mother was there, though, Cora made a point to not go to Michelle's house. But then again, her mother said she had people everywhere. Michelle would also make it gun for Jaquie, because she was sassy and would out up a good fight. She kept Michelle as a possible target on her list, before trying to think of who else.

After she had been up in her thoughts for quite some time, her mind thought of Peter. The thing was, though, that she merely liked Peter. She didn't love him, and therefore he wasn't at the same level of importance as Michelle. Besides, Peter and Cora hadn't talked to each other in nearly a week. So, there was no chance it could be Peter.

Having decided Michelle was the only possible option, she decided to make a point out of being around Michelle as much as possible. She needed to protect her, because there was no way she was letting Jaquie get away with her plans of a growing drug empire. She had already defied her last night, having snuck out.

Everything was falling into place for Jaquie. She had cracked Cora, this drug was spreading and she was making money. Not to mention, that she believed Cora wouldn't try to interfere. She was sensitive and vulnerable since she was still upset over Peter, and the fact she still liked him made it even better. It just made her more sensitive, and it would keep her away from her mother's plans longer. If anything, Jaquie would thank Peter if she had the chance. Sure, he was unaware of his doing, since he didn't know about any of this, but give credit where it is due, right?

¤¤¤

School was hard when Cora got back, to say the least. She still had to sit next to Peter in chemistry, but it was just for another two weeks. For the whole period, they didn't talk. Of course, Peter's glanced at the clock to 'check the time' were really just used to get a glimpse at Cora.

In Computer Science, she was sat on the opposite side of the room, since they had finished their projects in December. Cora and Peter got a 98 on their final project, in other words, an A+. That was probably the first good thing to happen to both of them in a while.