karen. [1.4]

"The way you talk about her, sounds a lot like Liz

"The way you talk about her, sounds a lot like Liz."
"No, no. She's different. Her dad isn't trying to kill me for being Spider-Man!"

_____________

Sitting on the roof of a tall building on a chilly Saturday night, Peter was left in his thoughts and his AI to talk to. He had snuck out of the house just to swing and think, and here he was on the roof of an old building, letting his thoughts run wild.

What was he thinking about? Well, he was actually thinking about a who, and their name was Cora Falker.

Peter was entirely sure that this was a crush. He felt like a scrawny freshman all over again, when his waves fell onto his forehead, his shirts were a bit too big and he had the dorkiest glasses that he had to use when reading. He technically still should use them, but he doesn't want to.

The short blonde had been on his mind since Friday night, so, for about the past day. Her light blonde hair and bright, light brown eyes that had the slightest hint of green in them, would light up as if being lit on fire whenever she laughed at something he said or did.

Peter had become all too familiar with how her voice would go up an octave or two and speed up whenever she was excited or really liked something. On their way to Cora's house from the bus stop yesterday, she saw a small golden retriever puppy and squealed. Legitimately squealed.

He noticed she really enjoyed the 70s and 80s rock music. He remembered asking why, because even Michelle didn't listen to that. He had asked her on one of the many days he was going over and noticed the playlists on her computer were full of the music.

"Why is there so much 70s and 80s rock?" Peter had asked, scrolling through the girl's Spotify as they were looking for music to play while working. It had been Peter's suggestion, because even though it was just he and May in their tiny apartment and you'd think a teenager would like a quiet place, Peter didn't like a quiet house.

Cora simply shrugged, "it's all my mom played in the house when I was little. Guess it just kind of.. stuck."

When her mother became the reason behind the oldie music and he saw the slightly pained look on her face, Peter held back any other questions about it. She never told him about her mother being absent, but he just knew. From the way she mentioned her and her mood would fall, and the clear indication of it from her not being in their family photos. Peter didn't know how or why she wasn't here, but he thought it was best not to ask.