tuesday. [2.1]

"Peter no, that's salt, not sugar

"Peter no, that's salt, not sugar."

__________________

Tuesday could not have come any quicker.

When Cora told her parents she was skipping out on the family dinner, they just about lost their minds. She argued with them for a good 30 minutes before her father jusr gave up and said she could go.

After Penny's game on Sunday, she scrambled to find a small gift for Peter. She couldn't go to his place on Christmas day without at least something small - it would just be wrong. After a while she settled on a book - she noticed he liked to read, since his shelves were overflowing and he seemed to enjoy science fiction. So, she got him one from that area. She had it wrapped with blue and white snowflake paper and a tiny blue bow on top, with 'for Pete, from Co' written on it. It was cute, to say the least.

Cora looked pretty cute, too. She had on a blue onesie that had Rudolph down the left side, because when she told him she was wearing a Christmas onesie, she wasn't kidding. Her hair stayed down, and she brought white fuzzy slippers in her bag, because they were cozy.

Making her way down the hall to Peter's apartment, she checked her phone. 4:32pm. Only two minutes late, so that was better than usual for her. With a deep breath, she knocked on the door, holding the wrapped book in her hand. Within seconds it swung open, revealing Peter in grey sweats and a Christmas t-shirt that had Frosty the Snowman on the front.

"Hey! Just on time." Peter smiled, letting her in and shutting the door. After she'd taken her jacket and shoes off, he noticed the gift in her hand. "You didn't have to get me a gift, Co.." he pouted, even though he knew he had gotten her one himself.

Cora scoffed, shaking her head. "Of course I did. I'm not gonna show up to your place on Christmas day without a gift, you dork." She said and held it out to him, "Merry Christmas."

"Wait," Peter quickly said, walking over to the small tree he and May had, pulling the last gift out. It was thin, and wrapped kind of messy since Peter did it, but Cora found it adorable nonetheless. "Merry Christmas." He said, holding the gift out to her.

Now it was Cora's turn to pout, but she took it regardless and sat with him on the couch. "Okay, open yours first." She insisted, nudging him lightly with her elbow. She was praying he would like the book. It wasn't really her section of reading, since Cora liked more realistic books, or mysteries and her and Michelle shared a love for classics. But it was what he liked, so she spent the time sifting through all the books possible until she found that one.

"Alright," Peter sighed after a few moments and tore the paper, taking a moment or two before he got it off the cover of the book. His eyes lit up when he saw the title, and looked at her quickly. "How did you know I wanted this? Did you call May or something?" He asked before he tore off the rest of the paper, beaming like a 5 year old.