thoughts. [1.6]

"Nobody calls me that anymore

"Nobody calls me that anymore."

________________

The woman sitting on Cora's couch with her father went by the name of Jaquie Falker. Jaquie was a short woman, an inch or two smaller than Cora. She had blonde hair that fell into soft waves and went to her collarbones, and green eyes that Cora once said reminded her of leaves on trees and smooth grass. Now, they reminded her of snakes.

Her mother slowly stood from the couch, clad in black jeans, a red tank top and what appeared to be a leather jacket with some sort of symbol on the back.

"Hi, Coraline."

Cora's jaw tensed and she breathed out, "Nobody calls me that anymore."

"Oh.." her mother sighed, "what can I call you?"

"Cora." Her daughter said, hanging up her coat, "it's my preferred name on all documents now."

Jaquie just nodded, he hands firmly pressed together and folded in front of her.

"What's on the back of your jacket?" Cora asked, crossing her arms. Her mother seemed at loss for words.

"A biker gang symbol, Cora." Her father chimed in, now standing up. "That's not important right now, though. What's important is finding out where the hell you've been for the past 5 hours!"

Cora took in a deep breath, adjusting her backpack on her shoulder. "I was at a friend's house."

"Which friend?"

"Peter." Cora said, both of her parents raising their eyebrows at the thought of her going to a boy's house.

"You went to a guy's house?" John asked, crossing his arms and walking over to her. Cora rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"If you're wondering, nothing happened! All he did was comfort me because I didn't want her back!" Cora said, pointing to her mother who was watching from the sidelines of the argument.

"Comfort you? And how did he do that?"

Cora scoffed, "You wanna know? All he did was give me a hug, he let me talk about it and he listened to me. He made me hot chocolate and we talked. That's what he did! Oh! His aunt also fed me dinner and drove me home." She snapped, before moving past and going upstairs, leaving her father feeling like he was going to burst into flames and her mother feeling guilty.

Back at the Parker apartment, May stepped in the front door and shut it behind her. "Peter?" She called, hearing him call back a 'Yeah?' From his room. "Come here!" She called, setting her jacket down and sitting on the couch in the living room.