jaquie. [1.5]

"You say that like it's a bad thing

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

_________________

With a small sigh, Cora stuffed her books into her new backpack as Michelle wrapped up the Decathlon practice. As usual, she watched Peter swing his beat-up backpack over his shoulder before bolting out.

"I'll be right back, MJ. Just uh, gonna go to the washroom." Cora said to her friend, who just nodded while organizing all of the question papers. She wasn't really paying attention.

Cora did the same thing she had been doing every Monday and Wednesday for two weeks. Follow him out until he got into that car. Today, though, When she reached the windows, she saw him with Tony Stark. They were both laughing before they got into the shining car, and drove off.

"This doesn't look like the bathroom."

Cora jumped slightly, turning around and seeing Michelle, standing there with an eyebrow raised and crossed arms. Cora was at a bit of a loss for words.

"I was just- I got curious, again."

Michelle only let out a scoff, dropping her arms and letting go of the cold front she had put on. "Whatever, man. Come on, get your stuff and let's go to Cookie Cafè."

Cora grinned and walked back to the cafeteria with her, excited to go to the Cafè. Cookie Cafè was a place the two girls went to quite often, but they haven't lately because Cora has been very busy. Now that she had an open night, they could go out for a while.

After putting her winter attire on, she tossed her bag over her shoulder and met up with Michelle at the doors. Their walk out of the school was silent, but comfortable silence.

"So," Michelle started as they walked down the steps in front of the school, "why are you so interested in figuring out where Parker is going?"

Cora's shoulders slumped, before she told her, "I saw him leave with Tony Stark today, MJ. The Tony Stark."

Her friend looked at her as if it wasn't a big deal. "Yeah, he said he had the internship."

"But.. but why would Tony pick him up? He's an intern! He files stuff and gets him lattes!" Cora said, sounding frustrated.

"I really don't know why you care."

"I'm curious!" Cora defended. "Just curious."

Michelle only snickered and shook her head, continuing to walk down the snowy sidewalk with her best friend. She knew Cora would never admit she liked Peter. Like Michelle, she was very shy about her feelings and didn't like talking about them. The last time she had a thing with a boy was the summer before high school, and it didn't end well, so she was most likely burying any feelings she had for Peter. Michelle decided to not push her about Peter. If Cora wanted to tell her, she would.