listen. [2.9]

"You know a kid with the name Peter Parker, by any chance?"

____________________

When Cora arrived at the HQ in Upstate, she hid around the back while she took off what she used to his herself. If her mother was right about having people on the look out everywhere, then she needed some sort of cover.

"Oh, fuck, that's cold." She shivered as the frigid wind blew through her suit, just as she pulling the mask on. "Checkity check.. yup it's working." She said as she checked the voice modifier. She took one last glance at her belongings and left them in their heap, before she began to scale the side of the building.

On the third floor, which was fairly high, there was a balcony and a glass door that lead to the inside of the HQ. Cora wrapped one of the light ropes and pulled herself up to the glass balcony, jumping over the railing and landing softly. As she stood straight again, she looking directly through the glass door and saw a shocked Tony Stark, standing about 10 feet into the house, holding a coffee mug and dressed in a suit.

Cora let out a nervous laugh and gave him a small wave, and Tony quickly walked over to the door. He opened the glass door, looking st her in disbelief.

"What the hell are you doing on my balcony without invitation?" Tony asked, and Cora looked around her, trying to think of an excuse.

"Uh..y'know, that's an amazing question and honestly.. I kind of need your help?" Cora said awkwardly, and Tony raised his eyebrows.

"With what? Make it quick, it's cold out here."

"You know a kid with the name Peter Parker, by any chance?" Cora asked and watched Tony's expression soften.

"Come on inside, I'm listening." Tony quickly said, letting the young hero enter his HQ. He lead her over to an arrangement of seats, gesturing for her to take a seat. "I've actually been very concerned about Peter for the past few days. He never showed up on Wednesday for our regular meetings, and he hasn't been answering my messages or calls. All I ask are these two things, who are you and how do you know my mentee?"

Cora bit her lip, knowing that if she wanted his help, shep probably had to comply with revealing her identity. With everything this man has done for the country, for the world, all of the villains he had went against, she couldn't blame him for not trusting someone when he couldn't see their face.

"I go to school with Peter.." Cora said, "and if you just give me a sec, I'll take this thing off." She said, gesturing to the mask before she slowly pulled it over her head, letting out a relieved breath once the mask was removed. Tony seemed to be gawking at her, and she gave him a confused look.