t e r r a c e

"Tell me something I don't know ab—,""Did you know the letter W starts with a D?"

"Did you know the letter W starts with a D?"

I smack him so hard he spills a good amount of his drink on the cold concrete as he pops open a can, "You're turning into Jimin."

"—And you're turning abusive. Stop hitting me so much!" He says as he brings the metal rim to his lips.

Sorry but apparently the need to touch you and know you're here is unreal.

I squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head vigorously. All these thoughts, it's just from the drinks, I tell myself.

"Want one?" He holds up a whole 16 can carton of full-size Vanilla Coke. "—Seriously?" I ask. "What? It's really fucking good," he slides a can my way and I accept, eventually. 

"You like it?" He asks as I take my first sip, and It's fizzy it's sweet it's light. Surprisingly it's the right amount of everything, "Life changing." I reply as I go back for a bigger swig.

He laughs.
He laughs and it's ringing in my ear and heating the pit of my stomach. I can't tell if it's the carbonation or him.

"So Kook, where exactly do you work? Or do you even? You've never really told me, all I know is that your filthy rich, at this point you could be a Mafia leader and I wouldn't know." He sniggers at my comment crushing his finished can.

"—Wait are you?! Is that why you wear like black all the time?! Is that like a uniform??"

"Wow calm down! I just like black and no I'm not working yet and certainly not apart of a mafia, though I'll keep you intimated. I guess my family's just been well off to begin with, my dad is a shareholder of a huge enterprise. I'm just waiting to maybe you know, join him?"

My mouth forms an 'o' as he finishes and I set down my can, "Why did you move in here with Yoongi?"

"Because I'm 25 and I want to live my life." He starts bluntly, "my parents shelter me too much, plus I thought I'd help out hyung (older brother, korean honorific) in a way. He was there for me all through college, his parents didn't like him pursuing music, they forced him into business management for a stable future you know?"

I nod and he continues, "—but obviously that wasn't his thing so he picked up and left and enrolled in the Ilsan arts school, that's also where he met Jimin hyung," he stops and chuckles, his eyes swarming with a distant memory. "He got accepted and he needed to move, his parents weren't keen and that's where I helped."

Oddly I admired the fact that he was there for Yoongi, when he probably felt the most lost. I liked that he helped his friend pave a path to a happy future. I liked him.

No I don't.
Yes I did.
No.
Maybe.

"—What about you? What brought you to Ilsan? Clearly you're not from here, your Daegu dialect is still rather crisp."

"Destiny?" I say at first and then laugh at how cheesy that sounds, he furrows his eyebrows and I continue, "No really, I don't know why I chose Ilsan."

"After college, I picked up and left too." I say almost as-a-matter-of-factly, he clears his throat and He sorta straightens up, "—why?"

I exhale quite audibly at that, "I've never really told anyone this, and I don't intend on having anyone hear this. Okay?"

"Ok promise!" He says laughing holding up his pinky. I push it away, "Not even Yoongi or Jimin."

"It's that serious?" He says, "—Okay not even them. You have my word!" He amusingly places his hand over his heart and smiles. Ofcourse he doesn't get the seriousness.

"Hmm actually I'll tell you when I see fit," I say and his face instantly falls.
"No! Now I'm curious, you can't do this!" He retorts.

I wrap a hand over his shoulder and reach over him for another can, "Sorry not sorry lol." "A taste of my own medicine?" He snickers slouching, resting his hand over me. 

The sky is clear and the stars are out. A dark bottomless ocean swarming with lights loomed over us.

Eventually as time added on, so did the stories and so did the laughter.

Night fell darker over us and the city grew brighter, though from a low rooftop we couldn't see it all. The moon and a couple sparse buildings in the distance was the only light that accompanied us. Our whispering, mumbling and snickering the only noise.

About 3 cans each and with the sugar in our veins, our eyes where pinned open and our minds raced a marathon.

Amidst it all Jungkook got up holding out a welcoming hand in my direction. Puzzled at first, I clasp my fingers around his and he hauls me up. We spot the headlights of the cars studding the distant highway, a distant memory

He's holds me in his arms, quite ballroom dance style and my knees are failing and I don't know why and I don't know how to react. Only that I sense we've gotten closer.

Our bodies are flush and we sway to the silent rhythm of the night.
The rhythm that exists to those who are keen to listen.

A finger hooks under my chin and all the sounds, all the lights seem to suddenly drown and fade. My vision blurs out the surroundings and all I see is him, his eyes, his skin and those lips those lips those lips.

Those lips I suddenly so badly want to kiss and those eyes I so badly want to drown myself in.

"Rin," He calls.

One word one syllable and it's suddenly so exhilarating to hear my name slip off his tongue in that god damn beautiful voice. The voice that was the first spark, the voice that was the first traction.

The finger under my chin slides up my right cheek, his palm following and my face is soon cupped in his hands. Our foreheads connect, our breaths are shared.

The air around me is brisk and my heart beats so wildly, so loudly it's thumping against my ribs.

[A/N]
Late update. I'm sorry, mild writers block.
With my stories I just go with the flow and practically decide what's gonna happen when I open the draft so sometimes I go blank.

Anyways I hate writing scenes like this. But since you asked!