G o n e

A thick warm blanket wrapped around us

A thick warm blanket wrapped around us. This is home.

My head leans lazily on his shoulder and he runs a hand through my hair, then playing with the ends of it. We stare at the blank TV screen minutes even after the end of the movie. We look calm, he looks calm.

I'm anything but calm. 

My heart is racing a mile a minute and the feeling won't rust away, I still don't register that he likes me and he holds me and he likes to call me, his.

I glance at the back of my silver spoon and lick the last bit of ice cream on it, inching a bit away to toss it back into the tub we've emptied. The night air is still, laced with his faint cologne, the  chocolate and cream linger on our tongues, our eyes lock with our dull reflection on the screen and all we hear are distant cars in the highway.

It all stays still for another moment, until the first soft break of silence. "Are you sleepy?" He asks, his voice raspy, and I can point out that if not me, he definitely is. "I know you are. Let's get you to bed okay?" I reply.

"I want to stay. Plus I'm sure Jimin hyung is still up there,"
A soft smile and I say. "I wasn't asking you to leave. Never leave."
"I'd never."

A simple dual syllable reply and it makes me feel like I'm the safest person in the world. I thank all the stars I've ever wished upon for him.

"Jungkook..."
"hmm?"

I take a deep breath, "I don't know, when I realised I'd liked for you. I just remember holding your hand one night and thinking how much it'd hurt if I ever have to let go. I love you, I love you very much."

He locks eyes with my reflection first, a smile casting over my lips. He turns slowly to face me and I stare at his lips, I don't know what I expect.

Silly, of course I know what I expect. Those words to slip out of him as well.

He squeezes my hand tight, and pecks softly at my forehead. He holds me tighter, but he doesn't say it.

ㄴㅇㄱ

A week and half has past and he still hasn't said it. Why am I counting the days?

Every time I look at him, my eyes are full with expectation. How stupid of me, I can't expect to force it out of him. But he seems unfazed. He's completely his usual self, filled to the brim with other things to talk about and to do. I guess I understand if he wasn't ready yet, but he hasn't told me that either. 

2 weeks and I've forgotten.
I'm happy around him and that's what matters. It'll take time, I reassure myself.

Minhee is back for her usual purchase of Top Ramen yet again and she talks with Taehyung, leaving me alone to run through everything during the Sunday rush.

You see on Sundays, the store being one of the biggest and closing by 7pm, me and Taehyung both had to work mornings. Having taken the place of a cashier who's currently on break I billed up Minhee's purchase. "You two seem to have gotten closer?" I ask grinning as I bag her instant noodles. She accepts it from me and pays in cash, "Definitely," she smiles as I reach in for the change.

"Why don't you just bulk buy instead of getting a packet each day?"
"Well that way I wouldn't have an excuse to come see him," she whispers, Taehyung definitely heard that. He even slightly blushes.

She's here earlier today than usual, it's only 11 am. 
"Well enjoy?" I say as I hand her her change.
"Hey Taehyung's told me much about you, there's a job opening down the street. Higher pay I heard, maybe you could try?" I smile and nod at her for the tip and she waves at Taehyung as she leaves and promises to meet up with him after he's off work.

"Does she have a problem with me around you quite often? Because I can stop," I laugh as I skip across the billing station leaving Taehyung in charge. He takes my place, getting all defensive, "Hey she's tryna help alright?"

I'm about to reach the staff room to get a quick coffee break when my phone buzzes.

11:09 am
Sunday, 18 April

Kookie❤️ just now
Meet me in terrace. I have a surprise

Kookie❤️ just now
cant wait for u to get home

ㄴㅇㄱ

I get home and I'm excited. My watch reads 8:22 as I drop my bags inside by the door, shutting it quick.

Pulling my hair half up I start my way up the stairs, glancing momentarily at Kook's door on the way. The shoes that usually littered the entrance are gone.
Kook must be upstairs, Yoongi and Jimin must've finally gotten out the house I think to myself.

The terrace opens to a gush of cold night air and I already shudder. Hauling my coat tighter over me, I pull it closer.

I scan the place and nothing to really to look around, and he's no where to be seen. I call his name.
Once
twice
thrice.

No answer. The place is barren.

Puzzled I head back down, arriving at his door again.
A ring of the doorbell and three persistent knocks later, still no answer. Is he not home yet?

I'm just about to leave, call him maybe when I notice something.
The light on the lock, the light on the lock is green. He left the door unlocked?

Puzzled further I push down on the handle and open the door.

My eyes meet.

My eyes meet with nothing, the entire place is completely empty.

No trace of someone who's lived here for months, just the minority of plain still furniture that already belonged to the house left.

[A/N]

Ahhh WTF DID I JUST DO 

Welcome to the turning arc :) the story format might change here on forth.