I d e n t i t y

Three knocks on his door and I'm already questioning how I mustered up the courage to do this

Three knocks on his door and I'm already questioning how I mustered up the courage to do this. He left so many messages, calls and knocks on my door last night, I lost count pretty quick.

I know he's seen me from inside, his apartment has one of those fancy door bell cams.

"RIN!" Jungkook opens the door and he seems frantic. I wonder if Yoongi and Jimin know what had happened, I wonder if either of them were still here.

His hand reaches out to me but his eyes flash slightly and he retracts away, "Why di—,"

"Ha EAT MY DUST YOONGI!!"
Jimin's voice comes crashing in, Kook swivels to the general direction of the sound and I tiptoe for a peek over his shoulders.

"—OH MY fucking god!"
Yoongi leans over grabbing the ping pong ball off the floor and by the looks of it, is completely exasperated. Yet he leans back in perfect position ready to reserve.

They're having a table tennis show down 11 in the morning on Jungkook's huge ass dining table.

Yoongi serves a couple good shots and cocky grin spreads across his face. "OHHH WHATS THAT?" He says cupping a hand over his ears leaning towards Jimin from across the table, "THATS THE SOUND OF YOU DROWNING AGAINST MY ACE SKILLS—,"

"How are they not hungover?" Is the first question that slips out of my mouth.

Jungkook chuckles, "Oh it was rough when they first woke up but 2 hours and a stack of pancakes later they're thriving!" He looks back at me and I'm looking down. I sense the amusement on his face drop.

"SUCK MY ASS YO—,"

Jungkook rolls his eyes and closes the hardwood door behind him swiftly. "Rin what happened?! You left me in the dark last night. Quite literally,"

I make a face. The boy finds it fit to whip out puns even now, I almost want to run back down the stairs.

Yet,

"C-can we talk?" It comes out as waver and I see concern cloud his eyes, "Of course we can, I-I've been meaning t—,"
"Alright uhh—, downstairs now."

We sit in silence for what seems like decades. I have a huge blanket wrapped around myself and I'm a good feet away from him. His sits criss-cross on my bed, hands clasped and pressed against his lips.

He rocks back and forth slightly.

"This is going to take a long time, so stay with me and don't interrupt, okay?"
He nods at my conditions earnestly. I don't know how or why I'm being so stern, I pictured this would play out more emotionally in my head last night.

That I'd cry into his shoulders and he'd comfort me, but no.
I've shed enough tears since last night and what was left was all the explanation.

"You know how I said I moved to Ilsan?" I start and he already looks like he has something to say, "Yeah you said you bolted—,"

"I said no interruptions Jeon!" The scene is almost comical, he's like a child being silenced by an elder.

"Well technically yes. Yes I did," I breathe and continue, "Remember the article, about YLL from a couple years ago? The rumours about them having lost a potential heir?"

He stares back blank and I wonder if I have to explain that as well, "You haven't come across it?"
He sits completely still, the only movement the blinking of his eyes. I snap my fingers, "hello??"

"You said not to interrupt," he says sheepishly answering finally, I bury my face in my hands, "God Jungkook work with me here!"

"Right fine! Yes, yes I did. It was all the buzz I'm sure the entire country knew?"

"Hmm good well technically—," I take a deep breath and let it all out in one go. "Well technically that whole rumour? That was true. And how do I know you may ask? Well that's because that particular heir was me, my dad is the CEO and managing director of YLL."

I finish and his eyes triple in size at the news. "WHAT? NO!— well explain to me how they haven't found you yet? It's not like you fled the country, changed your name and face. Wait did you?! Is your name even HaRin?!"

"Yes. Yes it is." I deadpan, "—But technically I did change my last name just in case. It was Yang HaRin and it's a piece of my past I decided to flee from okay? And why haven't they found me yet, well kook it's because they don't give a flying fuck about me. Quite possibly they were happy to get rid of me, just probably a little humiliated by the news."

"So you mean to say you are the Yang HaRin?"
"Was I that relevant?" I counter back and his hands are up in the air. "Of course you were!! Your entire family was and is basically the talk of the town. The entire country is always talking about them, pretty much the Kardashians of Korea!! If not more influential! I can't actually pro—,"

I hold up a hand and stop him, surprisingly he subsides quick and listens again, "Right so yes I am. It was easy for me to run because I was so shielded. My face never appeared anywhere neither did my brother's, it was always just our parents. I was a pawn in their game and I wholeheartedly detested it, all the mindtricks. All that power is dangerous Jungkook and it was pressing down on my shoulders and I guess one day,"

"—One day I just snapped under its heft and I left."

I inhale deeper, "Listen I know it makes no sense but you have to trust me on this ok? I just craved a normal life, I fled to potentially find a new identity for myself and Ilsan served me well. My parents are loaded, I swiped some cash, hit the highways until I finally found myself here."

"So that's how you can afford all this? I always wondered how working as a manager in the department store was paying for—well all this," he looks around my room and I nod looking down. Yes my house was extremely lavish for someone with a simple job, but I considered this the only luxury I can allow myself.

"Well I'm on the look out for new openings but until then something has to maintain my cash flow. Though I think I'm good for the next 2 years." I add almost a matter of factly and his jaw drops, "—Just how much exactly did you steal from home?"

"Just enough. And I didn't steal, I was technically entitled to it. But, I know why would I want their money if I wanted nothing to do with them? Well I needed a little boost. I was 22 and against the world on my own."

"This is all so so much to take in but I still don't get what this has to do with what happened last night. Is it because I wear YLL or something? I swear if that's it I'll sto—,"

I pull in a deep breath and stop him again.

I can't actually point out why I did, what I did last night but I did. I think I have an explanation but I'm so unsure, I just don't want to lose him as well.

[A/N]
This is chapter was so crap why am I like this. 

Also thoughts because I really really really need to know if you like where this is going <3