24-Hour Relationship

24 hours, until my last day here in New York. I told my family that I needed to do something for myself, before leaving. They seem to not mind that I decided to spend a day without them. I did promise them tomorrow, before my late night flight.

With my car keys in hand, I carried my bag to my Range Rover, also known as my borrowed car from the parents. I asked Andy if she wanted to take a short trip out of the city, maybe to Nantucket. She rejected me, saying she's on call because some of her patients needed her. I was disappointed, but I couldn't blame her. Who was I to talk? I'm leaving.

On my way. Want me to pick up anything?

Her reply came quickly. That meant she's awake. I hope she's cooking breakfast, because I am rushing to her place after my run. The hour drive would be worth it. That's probably the reason why my parents were fine with me not going home to Long Island everyday. M Industries headquarters is in New York. I still wonder why dad likes the commute.

Have you eaten breakfast? I'm up and about to cook.

I smiled, thinking of the food she's probably preparing. I'll miss her cooking.

Not yet, Doc. That's why I asked if you want me to get you something.

She's probably scowling at her phone, right now. I heard the ringing of my phone, luckily I placed it on bluetooth before heading out.

"Hey, Babe. Calling to enslave me?" I joked, upon hearing the clattering of pots in the background.

"You suck, Commander. Just get your sexy ass here. I'm cooking pancakes, bacon and eggs. How do you want your eggs?" She asked me. I couldn't resist annoying her.

"Sexy ass? Really? Also, you know how I like them, naked and ready for me." I told her. I heard her moan in the background. I'm not sure if she's doing that to annoy me, or it's frustration at my response.

"Funny. You only got sexy ass and eggs. Keep that up, you'll get stone cold and hard boiled." She responded.

"I know something that's hard and-" She cut me off.

"Hey, Commander. Your 24 hours is ticking. Just get your ass here. Drive safe." She said, then hanging up. I barked in laughter. I am liking teasing her.

"Bye, babe." I say to no one in particular. Sadness wash over me, knowing that this is my last day with her. We've always known that I'm not a permanent fix, but it's nice to have someone. She never asks me about what I actually do. I don't talk about it too. I'm not sure she would want to hear it.

It made me wonder, when I can see her again. If I can come back to her? I shook my head at that idea. We are over, when I board that plane for San Francisco. She made that clear. I think I made that clear too. Although, I am not sure about it.

I didn't bring anything to her place except myself and my bag. I grabbed the key, she gave me when I started spending my time in her apartment. She hates, leaving spare keys outside her room. She also hates me knocking or bugging her to open the door.

I was hit by the smell of bacon, and pancakes.

"Babe, you done?" I called out, walking towards her kitchen counter. The sight made me stop, just to admire and imprint her image in my head.

She stood in front of the stove, completely focused. Her long brown hair in a messy bun, my old college shirt hanging loosely over her. It barely covered her fine ass. She looked domesticated, which is a complete contrast of who she is.

Despite her focus on the meal, she was dancing to this weird sensual song. That's something I noticed about her, she likes randomly dancing to music that come up on her speakers, and singing to it. I've caught her numerous times doing this, this was not the first time. Good thing she has moves and could carry a tune.