The Choices We Make

"What's this I hear about a job interview?" Liv said, walking into my office.

Aiden has been gone a couple of weeks now. We kept in touch but I focused on work as well. It would help distract me from missing him too much.

"It's nothing, Liv. I'll let you know when it happens." I replied.

"Are you leaving me and Elena?" She asked, frowning.

"Vee, please. You know no matter where I am, you'll aways be my girls." I told her. It was true though. They were as good as my sisters.

"Fine, but don't think this conversation is over." She said.

"I didn't think it is." She still sat down on the couch.

"Well, my real reason for being here is to ask you to go out. I need a man. Lucas wants a chance to run into Elena again." Finally, Liv reveals something I feared to here. She may have broken up with Damien.

"Liv, what happened?" I asked her.

"Damien, got into an accident because she tried to rescue a kid from a burning building." Liv said.

"And? that's his job and you know it." I said to her, but she sighed.

"I know. I was there. I took the kid. Someone else had to take him. He inhaled too much smoke." Liv explained. I waited for her to continue.

"I asked myself if I could handle another man in my life risking his life everyday. I couldn't. We go into an argument. I haven't responded to his calls." 

"When was the last time he called?" I asked.

"He showed up at my door last night." Liv said, her voice breaking.

"And?" Liv shrugged at me.

"We talked.  I need space." 

"By the looks of it, Liv, you need him." I pointed out.

"That's a no to the club then?" She said trying to shift the conversation.

"Sweetie, how about we stay in and wallow? I miss your brother." I said, supplying more reasons for her to stop this nonsense.

"Fine, only because you said you miss my big bro." I sighed, she stood up and left.

I missed him. I'm worried that something happened but I couldn't think that. That idiot knew how to do his job. I have to trust that he would come back to me.

It's been 2 weeks since he last called me, and it was unlike him to not communicate for this long. I had half a mind to contact my brother and asked but I  didn't want to overly analyze the situation, who knows maybe he was just really busy.

I put my focus on helping out Liv. Like me, she was scared to put her faith in Damien. I doubt Damien would be an asshole to give up on her. He was just the right trouble for Liv, but maybe like she doesn't want to live in constant worry.

I prepared to welcome the girls at my home. I made lasagna and some refreshing cold margaritas for us to gorge on. 

Elena, Liv and I decided to watch  Magic Mike together, deciding a bunch of hot guys was just the thing we need to get our head out of the guys in our lives, but I think it's impossible.

"Your brother's best friend barge in my office. Apparently, he's one of our new investors." Elena mentioned while sipping her drink.

"Interesting. Did he ask you out on a date in front of everybody?" Liv asked, teasingly.

"What do you think? God Damn, I could not say no." Elena growled. I wanted to laugh because even if she says she doesn't want to, I know she likes him.