Christmas with the Family

I did a good job playing brave doctor, but it bothered me at how much things could have gone wrong. I'm sitting on a wheelchair as I was deemed fit enough to be an outpatient. Aiden had wheeled me around, while his mom settled the bill for me. I look wearily at her.

"Just let it go, Andy. She won't stop." I heard Aiden say from behind me.

"I really don't want to bother you." I admitted, looking ahead.

"Well, too late. As your hero, I think I have a say in this." I wanted to scowl at him, but I was confined to my chair. He was focus on keeping me from standing. Everyone is. I asked if I could get crutches because I didn't need the wheelchair, since it was mere sprain. Aiden was adamant that I would use the chair today, until the car. All the other times would be of me resting in his house, crutches will only help my escape.

"Am I even allowed to go back to work?" I wondered.

"Didn't you hear, Dee? You're on leave for 10 days." I heard Liv respond as she approached us.

"Who said that? I'm sprained, not invalid." I told them. I heard Aiden chuckled. Liv took a seat across from me.

"Babe, your doctor said that you are still on concussion watch because the bastard hit your head with a gun twice." Aiden responded as I notice his body leaned against the wall on the side.

"And how can you do rounds with a sprained leg? You'll be in a lot of pain. Listen to your boyfriend." Liv said, teasing me.

"He's not my boyfriend. He's annoying. And stop ganging up on me, I'm disabled." I frowned at them.

"I only risked my life a while ago for you, Andrea. Thanks." He responded. I noticed the slight hurt in his voice, but I chose to ignore it. Liv cocked an eyebrow at me, daring me.

The silence was deafening. I am letting him take care of me. It was my mess to begin with. I did volunteer myself to be in the line of fire.

"What were you thinking, Andy?" He asked. Liv had the look at me as well, waiting for an answer.

I noticed the tone of his voice. It was laced with fear, worry and anger. To be honest, at that moment I only thought of the nurse and the patients. Code Black meant the ER was full. I didn't want to add panic attacks to the existing injury on the floor. I sighed.

"I'm sorry." I told everyone. Evelyn also heard what I said. She gave me an encouraging smile.

"It's ok, sweetie. I'm glad Aiden was here to save you. I don't want to think how this could have gone without him." She said.

I agreed. Aiden was quick and knew what to do. He didn't give Mr. King time to react to him. I was amazed by it, of course at that time I was worried for my own neck. I didn't even ask how he manage to worm his way into the police station, but based on the friendly attitude with the police captain, I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

"Dad texted. He's here with the driver. Andy can ride with me. Liv, are you coming home?" Aiden said as he stood from behind me.

"I'm going with mom to Andy's place, to get her things. You can bring her home, directly. Make sure she rests." Liv instructed Aiden.

"Did you get my key from my bag?" I asked her, making a move to grab my stuff from Aiden. Liv knew my hospital locker combination. She had gotten my normal clothes and valuables a while back. She also helped me change into them.

"I did, while you were sleeping. Don't worry. I'll get your stuff for a few days. Your mom said that they would stay at our place until the 28th while Ryder and Grace will occupy your apartment. Don't worry, I asked them to keep it PG." Liv joked.