San Francisco Girl

It's been a week since I started as one of the cardiologist in San Francisco Mercy Hospital. It was true that I got offered a position in Chicago but I turned it down and sniffed at opportunities back in my home town.

I felt guilty for ghosting Aiden.  The moment I saw him injured, and confirming my worse fears, it became clear to me what I needed to do. It wasn't breaking up with but moving closer to him.

I didn't want to be plane away from him when things go wrong, I wanted to be here. It was evident that my choice of moving back was  on the right but it did come with consequences.

As a new fellow, I had to take shifts in the ER and be more present at the hospital. I was only able to visit Aiden in person because that was the day I moved to SFO. My parents were happy to find me home. I had to take a place with them since I didn't have time to find one for myself. I immediately took my stuff and brought it home.

Liv actually took control of my apartment because it was closer to the hospital and closer to the station Damien works for. We sold some of our stuff and kept others. I did bring home my cooking appliance.

On those days that I could, I did bring stuff for Aiden but it was really late and he would be asleep. I asked Evelyn to help me get access to his apartment, so I cleaned and stocked it for him. I gave his caretaker a break.

At the news of my move, Evelyn was overjoyed. I hope her son would feel the same way. I was in a middle of heading back into the ER when I got a call from him.

"Hey-" I was cut off by his words, but insistent calls for me were keeping me from him. I could see the anger in his voice. 

I felt bad. I felt guilty but I needed to do this if I wanted to keep this job. I already put in my day off and I plan to ambush him at his house.

I told him I loved but he didn't seem to budge. I sighed, promising to make it up to him as soon as I get the chance.

Three days later I was ready for my day off. I had plans to  pushed myself on to him but first I had to finish my last few hours. I was heading out after lunch.

I was surprised when one of the nurses at the ER started whispering.

"Hey, Kaye, what's that about?" I approached them. 

"I heard that a man walked in looking for a rehab doctor for his leg. He went to the ER since he's not a regular here." She explained.

"But why whisper about him?" I wondered seeing as it was normal for patients to walk in and out.

"Well, he's super hot and sexy." Another nurse named, Yna said. 

"Seriously? Guys, get back to work." I told them.

"I know that voice anywhere." And I knew that voice anywhere too.

I turned around to find him standing there, with crutches, wearing his navy uniform. 2 months of not seeing him and he looked more handsome than before. Didn't he stop exercising? Why was he still hot?

"Commander?" I said, not believing he was here. 

"Cat got your tongue?" He said, smirking at me. 

"I-" What happened to being brave when I faced him? I had it all in my head. I was going to apologize for leaving him for a bit.

"Dr. Parker? You know him?" Kaye asked clearly curious as to why the hot specimen of a man was addressing me.

"Know me? I'm her boyfriend, at least I think I still am." He walked over to me. I heard the murmuring of words, probably the news of my boyfriend startling them.