Moving

¿Chapter 2?

"Well here we are! Don't worry about grabbing your things, that's the movers job isn't it? You guys go look around the new house." My father said as we parked in the driveway of our new house.
I wasn't particularly thrilled having to move in the last year of secondary school but I liked the thought that it was fresh start where I could be anyone. The only thing I would miss about Manchester was acting, and I could do that here too. Besides, I wasn't about to mess this up for my dad the only reason we were moving was because of his promotion and quite frankly we sort of need the extra money.
~
My bedroom was really nice, considering my bedroom before was basically a bed and four walls. The walls were painted a soft pink color (my favorite), and there were two windows facing the street outside of the house, the best part was that I didn't have to share my bedroom anymore! Mia wanted the basement, My father had the master, and there were three spare bedrooms. Aunt Noelle slept in the spare on the main floor. While Elizabeth (my cousin) and I slept across from each other upstairs.
~
I was busy unpacking, I didn't see my aunt standing in the doorway.
"Bailey? Bailey. Bailey! BAILEY!" I looked up from what I was doing.
"Oh I'm sorry Aunt Noelle, I didn't see you there I was sort of busy unpacking." I mumbled.
"Well if your too busy..." Noelle drifted
"No. Sorry. What is it?" I ask
"There's a girl across the street she looks about your age. It might be a good idea to talk to her." My aunt replied.
I was not about to miss out on this opportunity. It would be great to know at least one friendly face on Monday.
"Thanks for telling me." I smile at my aunt.
She helped me get through so much and she doesn't even know. My aunt was definitely my therapy. After all she was the one who got me into acting.
~
I walk over to the girl across the road, she was raking leaves in her yard and I don't think she noticed me yet. She spun around, a little bit startled by me but she managed not to scream. The girl looked about seventeen, the same age as me. She had long dark brown hair that touched the top of her butt. A athletic body, probably a cheerleader and gorgeous deep brown eyes.
"Um hi, I'm sorry I scared you. I just moved in across the road and I wanted to say hello you seemed nice. I think you might be in my year also." I spit out.
She reached out her hand for me to shake.
"Nice to meet you!" She smiled. "I'm Lianna Clark!"
"Hi I'm Bailey Pasciano." Returning the smile.
At least she acted friendly.
"What year are you in?" Lianna asked seeming genuine about it.
"Year 11." I said
She squealed, "Me too! Yay! Don't worry I can be your tour guide for the day! How about I pick you up tomorrow?"
"That would be great! Thank you, Lianna." I agreed still smiling.
"Do you have a drama club?" I asked
"Actually yes, but I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of weird kids are in drama." Lianna told me.
"What do you mean by weird?" I said not as excited
"Well we call them the unpopulars. It consists of basically nerds and emos. Trust me you don't want to be part of that crowd. You're so lucky you have me to take you under my wing!" Lianna said.
"Yeah I'm real lucky to have you.." I replied
Maybe Lianna and I wouldn't get along as good as I thought...