Promise Me

¿Chapter 15?

Bailey's POV

Friday, March 27th, 2009

I had noticed my aunt slowly deteriorating. I didn't think it would be as soon as it was.

It was 4th period when the phone rang for me to go home. I was confused, what was going on? I understood when I saw my sister.

"Is she okay?" I sobbed, "Please tell me thats she's okay!"

Mia was crying too, "She's in the hospital, she's still alive. Just really sick."
~
"It's family only." Said the lady at the front desk.

"I am her family! Noelle is my aunt!" I cried.

The lady huffed, "May I see your ID?" I handed it over.

"Room 206."
~
Saturday, March 28th, 2009

I was going to spend all my time with my aunt. Mia & Elizabeth decided to go home while I spent the night. My dad was hurrying back from another business trip. She was weak and it was hard for her to breathe but she was still alive and that was all that mattered. I had gotten texts from Dan asking where I was but I wasn't concerned with him at the moment; he could wait.
~
Dan's POV

Monday, March 30th, 2009

I was planning to ask Bailey about why she didn't answer me all weekend I was starting to get worried. I saw her Friday and she was perfectly normal. Except she wasn't in 1st period and then she wasn't in lunch either. I asked Lianna and Troye whether they had heard from her they said that she was in her 3rd but not in 5th period on Friday.

I decided it might be best to go over to her house after school.
~
I saw a car in the driveway, so I knocked at the door. Mia answered,

"Oh hi Dan. Now might not be the best time, I was just about to run out."

"What's wrong? Bailey hasn't answers any of my texts and I haven't seen we since Friday." I said.

"Um- It's just-" Mia stopped, "I can take you but you have to be careful. They won't let people who aren't family in."

I instantly knew what she mean't. "Of course."
~
I stood outside of Room 206 with Mia, we opened the door to see Bailey and Elizabeth sitting in chairs next to a very sickly Noelle.

Bailey's turned to face me,
"What are you doing here?" She said in disbelief.

"Wanted to see if you guys were alright. I haven't heard from you since Friday."
Bailey nodded.

Noelle stirred, "Can I have a moment to speak with Dan? Alone."

Elizabeth, Bailey, and Mia all walked out.

She motioned for me to sit next to her.

"You and Bailey- you guys have something so, so very special. Do you agree?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"I know you understand what I mean when I say that Bailey shuts people out."

"Yes ma'am, she's a difficult one to understand."

"Good you agree with me, Daniel. Now you need to hear me out when I say this."

I nod.

"I will not be on this earth much longer. I have accepted my fate and I have done what I needed to do. Yes, I am upset and angry that I don't get to see my daughter get married or meet my grandchildren. I am so angry- but I cannot escape from God's will. I have taken the path I was supposed to take and as unfortunate as it is this is my ending. I am a book; my last page is coming and I don't have a sequel or a new series." Noelle took a long deep breath. "I need you to promise me, you will take care of her. I'm afraid that after this she- she can't take good care of herself. Dan, she only just now learned how to love. You're going to need to help her."

"Yes ma'am."

"Will you promise me?"

"I promise you, I will take care of Bailey."

Chapter 16 will be up soon! Thanks for reading :-)