Under The Oak Tree

¿Chapter 11?

Bailey's POV

Friday, January 23rd, 2009

The past few weeks had flown by, the play was next month and Dan and I were practicing almost everyday after school. Lianna and Troye seemed to notice something was up. I should be more careful, I thought. Right now I was headed to meet Dan; today we were meeting up in the drama room. Dan's tall figure was heading towards me,

"Hey!" I smiled.

He reached out to hug me but he stopped just before we touched.
He grabbed my arm, pulled me down the hallway and into the nearest supply closet,
"What the-" He held his hand over my mouth.
A million questions ran through my head. That's when I heard a voice; a familiar one. No, not just one, two familiar voices. Lianna and Troye?

"Where did they go to!" She sounded frustrated, definitely Lianna.

Dan must have saw them trying to follow us. We stayed in that closet huddle up until we were positive that Lianna and Troye were gone. After about what seemed like forever; the voices ceased and we were all clear.
I reached to open the door but it wouldn't open. My stomach dropped,

"Dan! It won't open!" I was freaking out; one of my biggest fears was being stuck in a confined space. Dan grabbed the handle, turned it. It slid open fine.

I ran out of the closet. Dan was laughing at me,
"I don't think you were doing it right."

"Oh shut up!" I stammered.

"I know the perfect place. Why don't we go there instead of the drama classroom?" Dan asked and I agreed.

Dan's POV

Bailey and I hopped into my car and I started for our destination.

"So where exactly is this place?" Bailey asked me.

She looked so beautiful, her blonde hair was tucked behind her ears and her blue eyes gazed up at mine. They weren't a normal blue color; they weren't dark or light but more of a softer blue. Her eyes reminded me of a calm sea. I looked away quickly because I was staring.

"It's not to far away. Maybe 15-20 minutes more?" I said "It's amazing, I go there a lot."

"What do you do there?" She asked.

"Think." I said.

~
"Okay we're finally here." I said and we both got out of the car.
"I discovered this place back in 2007 when I first started to drive. One night I just kept driving and it led me here."

"It's beautiful!" Bailey gushed

We began to climb the hill, there was a small oak tree at the top and it overlooked a river. We had arrived at the perfect time; sunset. Bailey broke the silence,

"We should carve our names in the tree. I've always wanted to do that."

I picked up a rock and handed it to her. She carved, 'Dan & Bailey 2009' into the tree then drew a heart around it. Bailey threw the rock down and stood there. Instinctively, I closed my eyes, leaned in, and our lips collided. She held my face in her hands. We were there for a good 10 seconds. She pulled away and broke the kiss. Not going to lie, that was probably the best kiss I've ever had.

Under the oak tree was now officially my favorite place to be. I'm assuming you know why.