Do Whatever You Have To Do

¿Chapter 21?

Bailey's POV

Thursday, June 11th, 2009

Today was Dan's 18th Birthday. I wanted to make it special. Dan never liked to make a big deal about his birthday. He always referred it as "One year closer to death". So, I was going to through him a surprise party! He was supposed to come over around 3:00 and everyone else was coming at 2:00. Mia was coming all the way from London, Lianna and Troye would be here, Dan's parents and brother, some of his acting friends, and the most important I had contacted AmazingPhil. He was coming all the way from Rossendale for Dan. The plan was to have him walk in and see everyone and he would be shocked but then even more so when I bring out Phil.
~
Phil gave the nicest hug!
"Hi! I'm so glad you could come!" I gushed.
"Me too! Thank you for inviting me. It'll be wonderful to finally meet Dan!"
Phil happily said.
~
"He's coming!" Dan's mother shouted. "Everyone down! Bailey hide Phil!" I hide Phil in the office next to our family room. You couldn't see him. Everyone else was hiding behind our couch or crouched down in our kitchen.
*ding dong*
I opened the door, and greeted Dan with a kiss, "Happy Birthday!" Everyone popped out of their hiding spots. Dan laughed, "You did not!" I smiled at him, "I did too but wait I have to give you your present now."
"Okay.."
"Come on out!" I yelled.
Phil walked out of the office smiling and greeted Dan, "Happy Birthday, Dan!" They hugged each other. "Phil! Bailey, I can't believe this. Thank you."
"Don't thank me, Dan. I'm the one who should be thanking you. Now who's ready for some cake!"
~
Dan's POV

I couldn't believe this, Bailey was the best and Phil was even better in person.
I was talking with Bailey, Lianna, and Phil. "Phil, this is my cousin Lianna. I think I've mentioned her a few times before." I said.
Phil shook Lianna's hand, "Nice to meet you."

Lianna sighed, "Dan, have you figured out a way to keep in touch with Bailey yet?" Bailey's eyes got real big. "What do you mean?" I questioned.
"For California, she's moving there in August. You didn't know?" Lianna asked. "No, I didn't know." I spat "Care to explain, Bailey?"
~
Bailey's POV

I took Dan up to my bedroom to explain myself. I didn't want to do it in front of everyone. The door closed and I latched myself onto Dan. "I'm so sorry!" I sobbed. "Cut to the case! Where are you going?!" Dan yelled.
"I'm going to California to pursue acting." I gulped. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before."
"When are you leaving?" Dan was quieter.
"August 24th." I replied.
"Were you ever going to tell me this, Bailey?" He said in disbelief.
"Yes! Of course I was! I just-"
"You just what!" He yelled
"Every time I went to tell you, I just couldn't do it. I kept pushing it off."
I revealed. "I didn't want to hurt you."
"If you don't want to hurt me then don't go!" Dan said.
"I thought that you be a little but happy for me, you just seem angry!" I retorted.
"Maybe I would be a little bit happier if you were actually going to tell me! Instead Lianna told me!" He replied.
"I was going to tell you!" I said
"You can't go! You just can't.." Dan screamed.
"Why can't I go? You're the one who told me to forget about what others think and go for it! You told me to follow my dreams and guess what Daniel, my dreams lead me here." I spat.
"You can't go because I made a promise!" He yelled.
"I made a promise to be there for you and I can't be there with you if you're going to be in fucking California!"
I stayed there in his arms for a few minutes trying to relax.

"Who did you promise that to?" I asked.
Dan was shaking,

"Noelle." He whispered.

No! This was all wrong! Noelle would have wanted me to go why else would she leave the money. I put my mouth to his ear and said,

"If you really wanted to keep that promise, you'd let me go. Do whatever you have to do to be happy. Right?"

Dan nodded, "Do whatever you have to do to be happy."
-
Chapter 22 will be up soon! Thanks for reading :-)