Prom Night

¿Chapter 19?

Bailey's POV

Saturday,May 30th, 2009

Not much had changed in the past month. I feel better now though, Dan has helped me get through it. He's so wonderful. I met his parents for real this time and we got along really well. They were lovely people just like Dan.
It's hard but Dan and I decided not to make our relationship public. Only our family and Lianna and Troye know.

We also found Elizabeth's dad, Zachary. Mr. Beckett had stopped using drugs but he was now married with a son, Noah. It was a heartwarming reunion between them and Elizabeth really loves Noah. She said that Grace her step-mother was sweet. Elizabeth likes to visit on the weekends, they only live 30 minutes away from Reading which is great. She decided at the end of the school year that she would go and live full time with them and become "Elizabeth Beckett" instead of Pasciano. Mia had gotten a full time job in London working at the BBC. She moved earlier in the month. Now it's was just me, Elizabeth, and my dad.

I should start getting ready now; today is Prom day. Dan had asked me a couple days after the funeral. We decided to go with Lianna & Troye too.
Lianna was coming over so we could do our makeup and hair together.
~
Lianna's hair was pulled back into a beautiful bun. She had two strands of curled hair at the sides of her face. Her dress was a long soft pink color with jewels at the top and white high heels.
She had on light pink lipstick and smokey eyes. Lianna was so pretty; she didn't even need to try.

"Now it's your turn." Lianna smiled.
She grabbed her hair curler and started at me. By the end of the hour I was completely finished. She curled my hair into long waves, I had dark red lipstick and cat eyes like an Egyptian. I never liked to stare long in the mirror but today was an exception. I looked beautiful for once.

"Thank you, Lianna."
~
Dan was wearing a regular black tuxedo and Troye was wearing a white one. I could feel it, tonight would be magnificent. If my aunt was still here she would have taken 1000 pictures of us. I know she would have. I had Elizabeth take a few pictures of us; they came out pretty well. We headed towards the school.
~
Most of the night they played loud party songs. Lianna and Troye were dancing around having a great time. Dan and I mostly stood and talked the occasional dance. The DJ grabbed the mic and announced that this would be the last song; a slow song. Dan pulled me to the dance floor and all the couples took each other's hands.
His right hand placed on my waist and his left hand on my shoulder. The dance went so quickly, I noticed more and more people staring at us. Dan and I were in the middle of the dance floor. I didn't care anymore about what people thought. They just thought we went as a group not as a couple.At this point I wanted everyone to know about us. Dan spun me around an caught me in his strong arms. I was mesmerized by his brown eyes staring into my soul. We stayed there for a moment the room was silent; all eyes on us. He bent down a little more so his lips could touch mine. The crowd cheered for us. Prom had been a success.
~
I said my goodbye's to Lianna and Troye. Dan walked me up to the door.
"I had a great time." Dan said.
"Me too." I smiled at him.
"Hey. Are you doing okay?" Dan seemed concerned.
"I'm perfectly fine. Thank you." I reassured him. We hugged once more and when he let go he handed me something. I took the box in my hands and opened it. It was a whole book filled with pictures of us.
"There's a note in the back. Goodnight Bailey." I stared as he drove away, I knew he couldn't hear me but I mouthed "Thank you." anyway.
I walked inside it was always quiet now. Elizabeth was fast asleep, my dad either sleeping or out doing business. Mia was always up late but she's in London now. I quickly changed into my PJ's and came back downstairs to look at my gift. There were about 50 pictures in total. Dan was like my aunt always loved taking pictures and videos; it's a good thing though. I reached the end of the photos and I saw his note.

"Bailey,
Thanks for the best 5 months of my life. Happy Anniversary.
-Dan"

I smiled for a long time at my gift. So much meaning had been brought back into my life because of Dan. I walked down the hallway and into my aunts bedroom. Nothing has changed in it; it is completely the same. Her bed was still unmade but it was relaxing not creepy. I sat my photos on my aunts dresser where she kept her camera and hopped into her bed. I always slept peacefully when I slept in her bed. It was like she was protecting me from my nightmares.

Sorry for the delayed upload! Chapter 20 will be up soon!