The Agency

¿Chapter 20?

I woke up to the sunlight shining into my aunt's room. I sat up, stretched my arms and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I grabbed my phone.

1 missed call.

I called the number back. No answer.

"Hello you've reached Acacia from Acacia's Agency for acting, singing, and modeling! I'm sorry I couldn't answer the phone but please leave a message after the beep!"

I hung up the phone. Acacia or whoever wasn't British but more American with a hint of another accent. Italian? Maybe..
~
5 hours later

I was watching a movie with Dan at his house when the phone rang. I excused myself for a moment and walked outside.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Did you call us earlier?"

It was Acacia. I'm not sure why I did this but I did.

"Yes, actually I'm looking for an agent."

"Great! Are you planning on coming to California anytime soon we can meet?"

"Actually, yes."

"That's wonderful! What is it you do?"

"Acting."

"Alrighty! Contact us whenever your in town and we can arrange something. Your name?"

"Bailey Pasciano."

"Italian? Pasciano is very very Italian sounding."

"Yes, my grandfather was from Italy and moved to England when he was very young."

"Interesting, I'm from Florence, Italy. I didn't know much English when I moved here but I learned and met my husband, Connor. We were both immigrants."

I was right about the accent.
~
"Who was that?" Dan asked
"No one. Just a prank call." Why did I lie to him? And more importantly why did I say those things to Acacia? I was never supposed to go to California. Although I'd love too, I really could afford any of this.
~
My dad was actually at home for once.
"Bailey, I have to tell you something." He revealed.
"What is it?" I asked.
"It seems as though-" he stumbled over his words. "Noelle has left us a very big sum of money."
My eyes widened, "How much?"
"A grand total of 2 million pounds."

HOW DID NOELLE GET THIS MUCH MONEY?

I wouldn't hang on this much longer. I knew that this was a gift from above. This is a sign! My heart soared!

"That means that between the four of us, you get 500,000 pounds."
~
I booked my one way flight to California that night. I would be leaving August 24th, 2009. I called Acacia to let her know I would be living there and she was going to find a place for me to rent. I told my dad and Elizabeth, they were happy for me. Mia called that night anyway so I told her as well. Lianna made me promise that I had an extra space for her to sleep so she could visit. I was ecstatic! The only hesitation I had was Dan. How would we workout? What would become of us? Was I being selfish? Dan was going to university in the fall anyway. When should I tell him?

Soon. I decided, very soon. But not now.