Romeo & Juliet

¿Chapter 9?

Dan's POV-

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009

I stared at the list,

Romeo- Daniel Howell

Yes! I got the part! I smiled to myself, now who is Juliet?

Juliet- Bailey Pasciano

Bailey? She deserved the part but, but what? Straighten up Dan! Just admit to yourself that you may have a slight crush on her. Nope? Okay.
~

"Congratulations Bailey & Dan." Mrs. Nolan smiled at us.
"You two are, Romeo & Juliet. You both need to work together in order for you to put on a good show, I've decided that you need to get to know each other become friends! Plus it'll make that kiss a lot less awkward."
Mrs. Nolan was right, Bailey and I needed to get closer for us to be believable.
"Talk with each other and schedule something." She added in.
Bailey and I looked at each other.
~
I unlocked the door to my house,
"Mum, I'm home and I've brought a friend!" Dan shouted. My mum came in to where Bailey and I were standing. She looked shocked,
"A girl, Daniel?" I replied,
"Yes, mum, a girl. It's for drama, I'm Romeo and she's Juliet they wanted us to become closer."
She seemed satisfied with my answer and walked over to Bailey.
"Pleasure to meet you, sweetheart." And with that she went back into the kitchen to be with my brother.
"Here, let's go upstairs."
~
Bailey's POV

Dan's room was a normal size. A typical teenage boys room. It was painted a orange/brown color and was messy, which wasn't surprising.
I sat down on his bed, while he sat on the floor.
"So tell me about yourself." Dan said.
"What do you want to know?" I ask.
"Everything." He replied.
"Well that might take some time." I said.
"I've got nothing but time, I'm all ears."
"Umm. I have one sister named Mia, she's two years older than me. My parents are divorced, I haven't seen my mom in eight years. My aunt and cousin live with us, my dad goes on a lot of business trips so she takes care of us. That's basically it, I'm not that interesting." I told him.
Dan asked,
"Why haven't you seen your mom in eight years?"
I tightened up,
"She's just.. Always really busy with her new husband and stuff. I feel like I intrude."
He sighed,
"Bailey, Bailey, Bailey, you may be good at portraying characters but I can tell you're lying to me just by your posture. You should practice lying more."
I stared at him for a moment. I wanted to shout at him. You don't want to know the truth! Why should I tell you anything! I couldn't do that.

Instead, I took a deep breath and began to tell my real story.