Shattered

¿Chapter 8?

Bailey's POV

Monday, January 12th, 2009

Today was a big day. No, not big. Huge. Today was tryouts and I was determined to get the part of Juliet. I had recited my lines so much over the past week I could say it in my sleep.
~
Mrs. Nolan was calling us in alphabetical order. She went down the line, A's were finished, B's done, I didn't pay much attention to the others until she got to the letter, H.
"Dan Howell." She called out. He stepped onto the stage,
"I will be tryout out for the part of Romeo." Dan said.

What if Dan got the part of Romeo & I got the part of Juliet? That would be weird.. I laughed it off. Dan started his monologue. Every word seemed to dance off of his tongue, you could tell he had really wanted this part. It was so quick, Dan walked of the stage and everyone clapped for him. Pretty soon it was my turn to tryout. As soon as i walked onto that stage, everything changed. I blocked out everyone else in that room, it was only myselft and the stage.
~
"Thank you everyone who tried out, results will be up tomorrow afternoon." Mrs. Nolan said.
~
When I came home, I knew something wasn't right. My dad, Mia, Elizabeth, and my aunt were all sitting in the family room. All of their faces looked a bit red and puffy.
"No." My voiced cracked.
She didn't have to say anything I already knew what this was.
I ran over to my aunt,
"This isn't fair!" I cried.
She hushed me,
"Bailey, shh. Calm down, sweetie. I'm a fighter. I'll beat this, don't worry I'll be there." Noelle cooed.

How could I go from being so confident to being so broken and helpless with a matter of seconds? It felt like my heart has burst into 1000 pieces that I could never possibly pick up. I wasn't just broken, I was shattered.