Ring?

I hope she will be okay and Angela better watch out.

Katherine's POV

I wake up and am met with darkness. My eyes are shut and I am struggling to open them.

"Katherine? Baby, Come on wake up honey, I'm right here."

I feel Christina's hand holding mine tightly. I try to open my eyes. I manage to open them halfway and I am met with a blinding light.

"Hey Laur, do you mind dimming the lights? ... Thanks"

"Babe, I'm right here, can you wake up for me?"

I try again and am met with a bright flash, then a dim room. My head is pounding. As soon as I wake up I am met with kisses and as soon as I'm able I interlock my lips with Christina's. We pull away and are left gasping for breath.

"Oh gosh babe, I missed you so much. I have to go get a doctor."

I look at her with puppy dog eyes. I want her to stay. Can't someone else get a doctor? Wait a doctor?

"I have to go, I'll be right back. I promise."

She gives a small peck on the cheek and leaves. I take time to observe the room which I am in. The walls are white and there are a few magazines on a small table and a glass of water. I reach out and take a sip. Was I in a hospital? Why was I here? Then all the memories flash back to me. The proposal, Angela, the potted plant, the ambulance ride. I start crying. Lauren comes up and looks at me questioningly.

"Are you OK? Why are you crying? Does something hurt?"

I can hear the panic in her soft voice.

"No, h-h-hap-p-py t-t-tea-ears"

"Ok?"

I lift my hand up to show off the proposal ring. She continues to look at me confusedly. I look at my hand, the ring wasn't there.

Wait what?. No, no, no. Did the proposal even happen? What, I, No, This, I. I can't have lost the ring. What if these things never happened. What if we were still living with HIM? I am broken from my thoughts with Christina walking in. She looks at me confused and worryingly.

"Hey, Kath are you Ok? You look pale. Do you need something? Why were you crying?"

There is so much panic and fear in her voice. Right now I am not able to form words. I raise my hand up and show her my ring finger. She looks at me confused and then has a face of realization.

"Oh, your ring, It's right here. I took it during the ambulance ride. You had to get surgery and I didn't want the doctors touching it or taking it. I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry."

She gives a small smile and puts the ring on my finger again. I breathe a sigh of relief. I look at the doctor who is standing in the doorway. He begins checking things.

"So who is the lucky man or woman who is marrying her?"

"Umm, actually, I'm marrying her."

"I thought you were sisters?"

"Yes and?"

"Oh sorry... I just"

"It's fine, sisters marrying sisters is not as common as LGBTQ+ things."

I give him a small smile.

"So, Katherine, you will need plenty of time to recover from your concussion. You have 7 stitches on your neck. And you umm, you have quite a few bruises, cuts, and scars who has custody over you?"

"Oh um, those are from a while back, the man who did those things is in jail now."

I am so thankful that Christina said that for me.

"Well Ok. Then, you are able to be released back into the mental hospital. We will get you a ride back."

The doctor leaves and I attempt to get up.

"No. You aren't getting up."

I look at her confused. She walks up to me and picks me up.

"You are way to light. I shouldn't be able to do this."

I give a shrug then nuzzle into Christina. I was scared to go back but, now I'm not because I know that she will protect me.

See, Katherine is fine. Well, she will be fine... This was a pretty happy chapter besides the ring loss. Did you get scared?

Angela however, will not be fine. Also, doctors wouldn't let go of Bruises and Scars that quickly, if they did then that would be sad...