Chapter Twelve

TW: Slight cursing/crude language

Thomas came into the bustling restaurant, slightly red in the face.

"Logan! Hey, sorry I'm so late," he said, out of breath as he fell into the seat across from me.

"Not to worry, it is fine. I have not been waiting long," I replied calmly. He sighed in relief and we ordered our dinners.

"Oh, Talyn is having a party and they said I should invite you. Wanna come?" Thomas asked, taking a bite of his piping hot pizza. I opened my mouth to answer but hesitated. I had been rather enjoying my quiet nights reading new books from the library.

"I think I'll pass, but thank you for the offer."

Thomas frowned. "Logan, I know that it's been a while since you dated anyone, but I think it's time you got out there again!" he prodded.

"That may be, but I shall not, as you put it "get out there" at a party. Such things are frivolous," I said, suppressing a shudder at the idea of a party.

"Then set up an online dating profile! I'll help you do it after dinner. Please, Logan?"

I sighed when Thomas used his puppy dog eyes. "I suppose that using a dating profile shall be beneficial," I agreed. Thomas cheered and we continued to eat our pizza with small talk.

Once we finished, we drove to my place where Thomas eagerly found my computer and opened up a dating site he'd heard about at www.doyouwannaputyourmouthonmymouth.com. At his not-so-gentle prodding, I set up an account with the username "lsanders89" and typed a quick bio: "Salutations, my name is Logan Sanders. I am twenty-eight and I enjoy reading and astronomy." and used a rainbow book stack for my profile picture (the rainbow was Thomas's idea).

"There, are you satisfied?" I asked, giving a glare at Thomas. At my words, his lips turned up into a smirk, and I realized my mistake too late.

"But I will never be satisfied," he sang with a grin. I sighed and shook my fondly, especially as I enjoyed the reference myself.

"Well, I should go, Talyn's party starts soon. You sure you don't want to come?" Thomas checked one more time, as he stood to leave.

"Yes I am quite sure, but thank you for the offer."

He nodded and called a goodbye as he left. I turned back to my computer an browsed the site a little. There was a section where I could upload pictures, a section for contact information, and a section for messages.

I started uploading pictures from various trips and outings I had done,  as well as a few of me and my friends. I had spent around an hour choosing pictures when my computer dinged and a small "1" popped up next to the "Messages" section.

ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM DYLAN45

Intrigued, I clicked on it and saw a message.

Dylan45: Hey, my name is Dylan! How are you?

lsanders89: Hello, I'm Logan. I'm doing well, thank you. And you?

Dylan45: I'm good! So, what're some of your favorite things to do?

lsanders89: I quite like to read and I really enjoy sciences and astronomy.

Dylan45: Wow, you sound really smart!

lsanders89: Oh. Well, thank you.

"Dylan45" and I continued to message until quite late into the night. His profile picture was a unicorn in a snake hat, and while that was an... interesting choice, I found it amusing. I learned that he, too, lived in Florida, and he liked Italian food. He has a pet snake that he named "Dolo" too.