01//Chapter One

Chapter One.

Chioma.

EDITED.

________

"Junior and Senior girls, get down from your bed!" The house mistress, Aunty Pataka shouted from the corridor. Her voice ehn, it was freaking scary and i'm hundred percent sure no sensual human being would actually go against her demands.

I sighed, waking up on a Monday morning in this hostel is always like this.

I got up from my bed and tapped my bunkmate, Bisola, to wake up because when Aunty Pataka's madness starts, especially this early morning madness, nobody will hear word again and I don't want my first day of school as an Ss2 girl to start off like this, let me just respect myself.

"Bisola, wake up! The Devil is coming to our room!" I said continuously tapping her before she woke up.

This girl sleeps like a dead body.

"Ohhhh," she groaned loudly, twisting on her bed. With eyes still shut she muttered. "That woman sef." I rolled my eyes and shook my head at the half sleeping girl.

"Don't wake up o, lie down there and continue talking. It's when Aunty will flog your bum bum, your eye will open." My hands moved across the sheets of my bed straightening them, while warning my still sleeping friend.

"Chioma, you've started your own this morning." I heard her say as she finally jumped down from her bed.

Not waiting for anything else, I made my way towards the door.

"Wait for me o!" Bisola called from behind me as I hissed and let her try to catch up with me, in her still very sleepy form.

Mtchewww! I'm not always that grumpy but today I guess I woke up on the wrong side of my bed.

As I walked out of the room, not more than a few seconds later, Bisola caught up with me and we walked down to the tap to fetch water.The tap was basically a place with six(not all working) taps. It was mainly for boarders to get water for every and any purpose needed. From eating to bathing, we all used the water. It was always so crowded because everyone needed water and we all had limited time to get it.

Luckily we were earlier than a lot, so we'd easily gotten water. After fetching water, we took our baths, dressed up in our well ironed uniforms, finished up with our black well polished shoes and mcm bags filled with half the books needed for the day, holding the others in our hand as the style goes.

"You have ten seconds to leave the hostel!" I winced at our Aunty's shouting. Fixing myself one last time before bolting for the door.

"One!" Students were scurring everyone, some still half dressed, others still arranging their stuff."Two!" They like that, as if the first word hadn't been uttered, everyone at once, carrying their bags, some still with socks and shoes in hand, all ran out of the hostel as fast as their legs could carry them. We all know Aunty Pataka and once she locked the gates, the toilet would be your home for the whole school period.

"Seven, Eight!" She continued. My eyes widened and I grabbed my friends hand, pulling her towards the exit, with a simple, "Let's go!" as a warning.