16//Chapter Sixteen - At the mall

Chapter Sixteen.
At the mall.

Dedicated to Rara_Avosuahi

Chapter Songs
-Material Girl by Madonna
  -  Maps by Maroon 5 (I love Adam so much and the rest of the band too)

_____________

We sorted out the whole 'My Chioma' thing and we still went to the mall. Mofe drove us with his car, he feels like he's the best driver in town. When we arrived at the mall, we got snacks before our movie started or rather theirs. My movie wasn't going to start until an hour so I decided to walk around the mall and shop a bit while the boys were watching their movie. Besides, Mofe and Tobi both gave me some money, and I have to spend.

In my normal self, I went to the clothing section first. I selected some dresses for myself. I selected those my parents would let me use. After that I went to the shoe section and I took some shoes before going to the food section. Apart from the snacks the boys got before their movie, I hadn't eaten any other thing so I decided to buy chicken and chips.

Just as I told the food attendant what I wanted, I felt someone stepping on my toes. It was really painful and I was about to shout at the person before I looked up and realized who it was. All the rage and anger disappeared instantly.

It was Desmond.

It was actually him. I wasn't surprised to see him yet I was. He looked really tall, well he was actually very tall. He was wearing a grey hoodie with 'Dope' printed on it in black with black pants and white converse.

I love hoodies. I was wearing one too.

"I'm not surprised to see you" I spoke still in pain. Good way to start off a conversation.

"I'm surprised to see you, you're all grown up, what are you doing here?" He asked and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'm obviously here to shop" He laughed a bit at my statement and stopped.

"From what I heard about you in primary school, you haven't changed. To think that I never really talked to an awesome girl like you" He looked, I couldn't place how he looked right now. Like he regretted not talking to me.

Awesome ends with me.

"Errm, did you come alone?" I asked to be sure before one over protective girlfriend will come and attack me from nowhere accusing me of stealing her boyfriend.

"Yeah, so we could walk around and shop or something" he suggested, with the bags in my hand I would've declined but since he suggested that and we're seeing each other for the first time in years, I could just do him that one favour.

"Okay, Let's get a trolley for your shopping bags and other stuff I'm gonna get you" he winked and went towards a corner of the mall where all the trolleys where lined up. Boys are all the same.

We talked about secondary school throughout, he told me about his last holiday in Seychelles. I've heard about that place before, it's a small but very beautiful island. Desmond got me a lot of things, each time I refused to accept, he'd double it so I just kept refusing.

He paid for everything I got, including the ones I got before he arrived. I didn't bother arguing, he wanted to so I let him. I assumed Tobi and Mofe were still watching their movie so we both decided to get pizza in a restaurant there in the mall. The only setback was the trolley, it contained all of my shopping bags, Desmond offered to push it and I didn't decline.