03//Chapter Three

Chapter Three.

♡Chioma♡

Previously
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Today is Saturday and we're meant to wake up later than usual but today we woke up a little early for a Saturday morning.

We all started our morning duties and finished except for some people like me and well some other people, so I finished later and went outside to fetch my water.

Luckily for me, I was the only one at the tap since most people had already taken their bath.

I put my bucket under the tap and was waiting for the bucket to get full before I was interrupted by the chattering and laughter coming from the gate.

"Oh no" I shouted and started running as fast as I could.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><>

I'm sure I was running faster than Usain Bolt, nope I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm sure I'm running faster than Usain Bolt.

To make matters worse I had only my small  purple towel to cover my body.

What did you expect me to do? Just stand there? Of course not I had to run so that my bride price doesn't reduce.

I stopped as soon as I found myself in my room.

Let me clear your doubt,  I was sure panting like I just fought with a lion,  that's if I'd be alive.... Whatever you get the point.

"Chioma what is it again? You like you just fought a lion" Bisola said

You see that was the first reasonable thing I thought of and I guess that was the same for her.

"The basketball team is around" I said still panting a little.

I need to exercise more often

"Ah! Let me go and dress up o" Bisola said and opened her locker probably looking for her neatest house wear

"Oya SS2's the basketball team is around, you all should dress up in your sport outfits and be ready in thirty minutes" Aunty Pataka shouted from the corridor

Just then I realized I hadn't taken my bath.

"Bisola abeg I'm begging you can I use that water that you kept there" I said pointing towards the bucket of water under her bed. "I will fetch another one o ezigbo nwannem nwanyi(my good sister)" I said and carried the bucket of water still smiling.

"Sha my own is that I hope you will just fetch my water,  abeg just ezigbo nwannem nwanyi yourself there,  me I don't want to hear stories" Bisola said.

I just laughed it off and made my way to the bathroom, after fifteen minutes I was done,  I mean I was completely done all that was left was to tie my shoe lace.

I was currently dressed in not-so-short shorts, a black T-shirt and my white canvas.

"Bisola go and change to your other short, Aunty Pataka will not let you wear this one, it's too short" I said to her and she just frowned.

"Why is this one squeezing face, no don't change it so that she will drag it down in front of the boys, abi that's why you kuku wore it" I said and she walked to her locker to change her shorts.