08//Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

_____

"Ah Ore mi I missed you o!" The woman screamed hugging my mom tightly.

"Long time no see how is everybody?" My mummy asked.

"Fine my sister wait, is this not Mama and Chioma, my children how are you people doing? See how big you people are " she said and smiled.

"We're fine ma" Mama replied and I just smiled.

"Come inside come and have a seat, Tessy! Tessy!" She called and a very beautiful young girl came out. I think she's around mama's age or so I don't know.

"Good afternoon ma" she greeted my mum and smiled at Mama and I.

"Tessy please bring something for our guests" the woman said and Tessy nodded and walked away.

I used the time to check out the living room. Not bad at all I mean it looked amazing from the walls to the couch to the side stools the size of the TV. Everything screamed wealth.

Tessy brought a tray that contained food and dropped it on a side stool.

"Tessy bring juice for Rita, Chioma do you want water or any soft drink" the woman asked.

Soft drink probably coke!

"Water will be fine" I said and Mama glared at me and I just smiled.

After eating and everything, my mom and her friend went outside to see her poultry farm. Who would ever think that there'll be a poultry in this building. Mama and I refused that Tessy would clean up after us, so she lead us to the kitchen to do the job ourselves.

"I can't believe you asked for water?" My sister said and cleaned her hand with a napkin.

"'What were you expecting me to say?, I just felt that it would be somehow if I said I wanted a drink, I didn't want to be too choosy. " I said.

"Choosy ke?" she asked looking confused. "She volunteered to give you a drink, so what's the big deal?"

"You wouldn't understand " I said and she just shook her head.

Just then a boy walked in singing loudly with headphones on. He literally walked passed us without realizing, opened the refrigerator and took out a bottle of coke and some chocolates and was about to leave before noticing us and he stopped right in his tracks. The look on his face was freaking priceless and perfect if I may add.

He looked seventeen to me, he was tall and kinda cute. He was wearing a plain white top with shorts.

He looked at me, then mama and me again. He was as shocked as we were when he walked into the kitchen. I didn't know Aunty Temi, I found out her name. had a son.

"Hey! " he said. " What are you doing here?"

It still looked like a dream to him. Walking into your kitchen only to find strangers talking comfortably, I would have been scared if I was in his situation but luckily I'm not.

"We came here for a visit, who are you?" Mama questioned with a lot of authority.

"I'm Tobi, I live here. I guess you guys came here to visit my mom?" He said more like a question than a statement.

"Yeah" Mama said, I just stood frozen on a spot.

"Okay! " And with that he left the kitchen leaving mama and I.

I just stood there silent. No words could make its way out of my mouth. All my thoughts were about Tobi. He looked so..

"Chioma, let's go o! " Mama said bringing me back to earth. I was already in Mars.