06//Chapter Six

Chapter Six
____

Exams are over now and we'd be vacating tomorrow although some people have already started going home.

"Chioma how far?" someone asked and I turned around to see my dear basketball partner.

"I'm fine how about you?" I asked.

"Cool, so you're going home today right?" he asked and grabbed a chair beside me and settled comfortably in it.

"No I'm going home tomorrow, what of your school when are you people vacating?" I asked.

"Next week" he replied.

"oh! okay! " I said.

"Since you're alone, do you mind if we take a stroll? " he asked.

"Okay! "

We walked round the whole school talking about our childhood memories. He actually told me how he almost fell from the roof of his school building while hiding from the principal. Just as I was about to conclude on my best memory in primary school, I saw Bisola running towards me looking very excited.

"Commandant allowed our set boys to organise a party and it has already started. Everyone is in the hall, let's go! It's kinda like our VS for this term" she dragged me, not even waiting for my answer.

I turned back but Mofe just gestured at me to go that he'd meet me in the hall and I left.

Loud music booming from the speakers, lights glittering from all angles, legs moving to the rhythm of the song and lips screaming out the lyrics of the song with joy. How come I didn't hear all these noise?

Bodies rubbing against each other, I could even perceive a faint smell of alcohol and cigarettes. I really hope I'm just imagining things, I don't want to get into any trouble!

By the time I realised what was happening, Bisola was already out of sight. Everywhere became so hot or was it already hot and I just didn't feel it? Anyways, I'm on my own now, lets see what I can make out of this.

I walked to one corner of the room, observing carefully. Everyone seemed to be having fun except me of course. It wouldn't have been so bad if Jessica, Uju, Fatima, Mitchii and the others were here but they've all gone home and Fatima, according to her is on holidays.

"Oh my lord! " I said silently to myself when I saw Emeka, yes! That stupid guy in my class with a girl and they were...oml.

I walked up to the stage to see what was happening because everyone suddenly gathered round the stage. I had to push myself through the crowd of sweaty and smelly students and luckily for me I succeeded because of my small stature.

Someone suddenly dragged me up the stage. It was Bisola and she kept saying "Mofe is dancing with Bella, Come and See! "

What's my business with them sef? Wait did she say Mofe?

I followed her eagerly, not like I was given a chance so I would still have gone either way. Why do I feel so.. I don't even know what I'm feeling. He can dance with whoever he wants to dance with right?

We got up the stage, expecting to see Mofe dancing with Bella like normal students would but no he just had to go the extra mile.

Bella was on top of Mofe dancing, I don't know how to explain this kind of dance cause this is my first time seeing such but I'll try.

He lay flat on the floor, obviously enjoying the rubbish going on in front of me. She was kinda backing him but she was on top of him. Blah! Blah! To cut the story short, she was twerking on him. Twerking! That sounds so wrong.