17//Chapter Seventeen - Agric Science.

Chapter Seventeen.

_____

Thunder, feel the thunder,
lightning and the thunder!

_____

Thunderstorms! I love rain but not those kind of storms that can bring down massive buildings. I really like the cool breeze that comes with rain. Whenever it rained in school, students called it the weather for two, that's where you'll see boys and girls doing their rubbish in all corners.

Also whenever it rained, most teachers skip their classes. That's another reason why I like rain. It's not like I'm an unserious student but at least I need a break from school work. The weekends are too short.

Sadly, I left Tobi's father's mansion this morning, I could stay there forever and to think that Tobi doesn't fancy the place. All these rich kids!

Mofe and I haven't resolved our little issues and Tobi hasn't said anything about the kiss, not like it meant anything to me though. My life's just full of haven'ts and hasn'ts, if you get what I mean.

Today's assembly was shortened because of the rain. First period teacher was absent, we expected it.

At a point the rain was gushing in really fast so we had to close the windows. The floor was a bit wet and slippery but nothing we couldn't handle. The classroom was darkened as soon as the windows were shut. It looked like rapture was going to take place at any moment.

Some boarders, in their usual selves, decided to sleep the day away but we the day students and some other boarders decided to engage ourselves in some little activities.

"We can play never have I ever, twenty questions or truth or dare" I suggested. These are like the most common games teenagers play.

Everyone in my class, including Tobi gathered around to form a big circle.

"Let's go for this or that and maybe truth or dare" Someone said and we all agreed. At least I tried.

"So we'll go for the truth or dare game first. I'll ask the person next to me a question, then the person does the same and it just goes on like that" Tobi said.

Lightning! Thunder!

"Uju" he called and turned to face her. "Truth or Dare?"

"Dare" She picked. Everyone started hailing her. I heard things like : baddest, dare queen, and all.

"I, Tob-" he was cut short by Emeka.

"Guy, we no ask you for name abeg" he complained.

"Shut up!"

"As I wa-" he was interrupted yet again, this time by a teacher. She strolled in looking really hopeless and wet. Looks like the rain affected her more.

We dispersed rapidly and arranged our seats in their normal positions. She draw margins on the board, the first one was the normal one and the second one was to divide the board into two. She wrote the date, her subject and topic boldly on the board but not before she asked a student to turn on the lights and wake the others that were asleep.

She sat down on the seat at the front of the class before she spoke. " Today's topic is on Husbandry of selected crops blah blah blah. Yeah that's how boring Agricultural Science is to me coupled with the teacher.

I could fail that subject so easily but trust me I won't!

_

Tobi and I went out for break together. He decided to pay for my snacks, well I didn't argue, I just accepted. As soon as school ended, we headed home. My parents were arriving today so Tobi and I went to get my luggage from his father's house and he'll drop me off once they're back.

By the time we got to his father's house, Mofe had already left. My luggage had been packed and arranged neatly in the boot of one of his father's cars.

We both decided to have lunch and change out of our uniforms before my parents and sister's arrival which was in about two hours time.

We walked into the house and a very nice aroma welcomed us. "I'm sure Aunty Anne is at work" I thought to myself.

"Let's change" Tobi instructed looking down at his uniform then mine. I walked upstairs and he followed behind. Luckily for me, The maids that packed my bags left a pair of jeans and a top that I changed into.

Tobi was already seated in the dining room with lunch served when I came downstairs. We ate and talked about school throughout. After eating, aunt Anne cleared up all the plates and we were ready to leave.

"Aunty Anne, we're leaving!" I shouted from the door.

"See you again, sweetie!" She replied. Tobi and I were about to walk out before he pushed me gently against the door and leaned closer. Our faces were less than an inch apart, he kept coming closer and our lips almost met but my phone rang.

"Hello Dez, call me back later" I said as I picked up the phone.

"I'd be outside" Tobi said and I moved away from the door so he could go through. I really don't know if it's because Dez interrupted us or that I even picked up the call.

The car ride home was uncomfortably silent. I just tilted my head in the opposite direction to watch cars, people and all till I got home. Luckily, my house was just a few streets away. When we got home, my parents were already there. Tobi greeted them and left, he still didn't say a word to me.

I was a bit bothered but I decided to let it go, I kinda already knew it was because of Dez.

Throughout the rest of the day, mama and I were gisting. I told her about my stay in Tobi's father's house and she talked about the burial they went for.

Before we retired to bed, my parents called us to inform us about the dinner they were organizing the next day. Apparently, my father bumped into one of his classmates.

____
This chapter is kind of short.. Right?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it!

Next chapter coming up!!