12//Chapter Twelve - First Day Of School.

Chapter Twelve
FDOS.

Dedicated to Mauryn_
_________________________

"Chioma" My mom barged into my room shouting my name. "Wake up, it's already 5:30am"

"Ooo" I groaned. As much as I anticipated this day. I don't feel like getting up. Coupled with the fact that the air conditioner was on. I'm gonna miss my duvet.

You might be wondering what I'm doing at home? Well my mom and dad agreed that I should go to school from home. That I'm suffering myself in the hostel.

As soon as my mom left, I laid back on the bed.

"Just five minutes" I told myself as I drifted back into my sleep.

In my sleep, I felt something hit me so hard, I jumped up. It wasn't even bad when I was asleep but as I woke up. I felt it.

"Chioma, it's already 6:15am, when did I wake you up?" She shouted after slapping me.

"Rita, what's going on?" My dad asked from the living room.

She just ignored his question and faced me. She was obviously very angry. If I had known, I would've just jejely woken up then.

"Leave this house before 7:15am, that's my own" She said and stormed out of my room.

Mothers ehn! As if I was planning to stay.

I took my bath really fast for the first time in forever. I brought out my ironed uniform from the wardrobe and put it on. I sprayed my perfume, brushed my hair, wore my polished shoe with my wristwatch and carried my mcm bag. I was good to go.

My uniform fitted me so well.

I went downstairs for breakfast, it was already 7:00am so I had fifteen minutes left to eat. My mom saw me coming out from where she was seated in the living room with my dad and she hissed.

"Come and take your food" Mama called out to me from the kitchen.

I ate my breakfast and after about eight minutes, I was ready to leave. I was about leaving when my dad called me back to collect my transport fare. I wasn't planning to trek. Stupid me!

He gave me a thousand naira note for transport and also to buy snacks during break period. I was very excited. If life as a day student is like this, who am I to say no?

"That's your money for the week o, if you like spend it in one day" My mom shouted through the door. I had already left. Money for the week ko. My daddy is back. He can afford to give me a thousand naira everyday.

As soon as I sighted a bike, I waved my hands to tell the driver to stop. I climbed on and.. Vroom! First Day of School begun.

___________________

7:27am.

I walked into the school compound looking happier than ever. Everyone is gonna be surprised that I was actually walking through the gates as a day student.

I greeted a few teachers that came early as I was strolling to my class. The school compound was still a bit empty. Some boarders that skipped breakfast were loitering around the school in little groups.

"Chiomaaa" I heard my name and I looked around for the caller. Bisola ran up to me and literally crushed me with her hug that stopped my blood circulation for a bit.

"Bisola, I missed you" I said, hugging her back.

"I missed you too, i'm now a day student o" I said as we released each other. I could see the glint of sadness in her eyes but it was soon replaced.