18//Chapter Eighteen - Dinner

Chapter Eighteen.
_____

As soon as school ended, I went home. Tobi didn't talk to me throughout and Mofe didn't visit our school today. Our basketball game is in three days time and we still hadn't resolved our issue. Both boys are not on talking terms with me for one reason or the other.

By the time I arrived home, my mom was cooking for the dinner. The family we were expecting was a family of three from what Mama said.

Before I could even drop my bag down, my mom said I should change and help in the kitchen. I went to change out of my uniform. I jogged back to the living room and my father was gone, I went to the kitchen and my mom said he went to get drinks then she left the kitchen leaving mama and I.

As soon as I heard the horn, I knew my father was back. I helped him bring in the drinks and arrange them in the refrigerator. By that time dinner was ready.

As I got to my room, I fell face flat on my bed. I was pretty exhausted. After resting for three minutes or so, I got up, picked up my towel and headed straight for the bathroom this time.

After exactly thirty minutes, I was done. As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, I heard some unfamiliar voices and I knew the visitors had arrived. I tiptoed to the kitchen, still in my towel to peep at the visitors.

On getting there, I stood behind the curtain demarcating the corridor from the living room, A woman casually dressed in a mustard yellow dress and heels with her braided hair tied up in a bun walks in and beside her was a girl. She was dressed casually in a white long top with slits on both sides, skinny jeans and white canvas.

They were meant to be three right?

"Where is the third person?" I asked no one.

I watched them exchange greetings with my mom and dad before running back to my room. Unfortunately, it didn't go so smoothly. I bumped into someone as I was running and I nearly screamed due to the force at which we hit each other but my mouth was covered by the person's hand. I quickly recognized the smell, it was mama. Who else would it have been?

"Why were you running na?" She asked. "You've gone to peep abi?"

"The daddy's classmate is a fine woman o" I said.

"I've heard, go and dress up fast" She instructed and left. I walked back to my room.

As I got in, my door shut itself immediately and the room went pitch black. I screamed but was cut short by a pair of hands hovering over my mouth, so I was leaning my back on the killer. For some reason, I was praying it was mama even though she went in the opposite direction and couldn't have gotten to my room before me.

"God, as I'm about to go six feet down, I give my life to you" I prayed or rather mumble-prayed through my killer's hands. As I said that, I heard or maybe I thought I heard muffled laughter coming from the killer and he removed his hands from my mouth.

Damn, his grip on me was so strong. He just put his hands over my mouth and held me back and I couldn't move a finger.

I was about to run out but then realized that the door was locked. I went over to my shoe rack, still in the dark, with my killer still on the other side of the room. I picked up the first shoe my hands felt and it was my rubber slippers. The killer was coming closer, I had to act fast.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, ehm what's next? Er"

As I said that my killer burst into laughter and the light came on. Immediately I saw the killer's face,  the fear in me turned to anger and annoyance. I looked at the killer then at the slippers then the killer again and didn't hesitate to hurl it at him.

So this was the stupid third guest. If I had known.

"What the hell? Why'd you do that?" He feigned hurt as the slippers landed on him.

"Ask me again" Was my response. We weren't even on talking terms and here he is acting as if everything is fine and good.

He thought the same as me cause he walked up to me, took a deep breath and spoke.

"I know we had some issues in the mall and all but I'm really sorry I acted on impulse and I also got a call from my mum so I vented it out on you, I'm really sorry" He said.

"That rhymed" I finally said.

"Huh?"

"Mall and all, it rhymes" I replied.

"Really after I literally poured out my heart to you all you remember are the two words that rhyme, Chioma you're something else" He said.

"You've spent too much time here, Uh your mum must be looking for you" I changed the topic.

"I have taken of that, besides she thinks I'm in the rest room" He replied.

"Smart ass response, bravo!" My words laced with sarcasm.

"So? Am I forgiven?" He asked and he stepped closer to me leaving less space between us. I pushed him away and walked to the door.

Ishh I was still in my towel.

"Mofe, come on we both know that was a half assed apology I mean it was a really shitty apology but as a kind girl I forgive you but remember you owe me one" I said.

"Sure anything!"

"Good now get out I want to dress up" I said and regretted it seconds later after he gave me a once over and started smirking and started wiggling his eyebrows.

"K, I'll be downstairs" He said

He walked out and stopped as I was about to shut the door. "Nice bra by the way" he complimented and looked at my bra hanging on the wall then smirked before leaving the room.

The hell?

I shut the door as I heard his laughter through the door. At least this horror movie ended happily.

____

I walked downstairs and found everyone sitting and talking about random stuff so I just casually walked there and greeted his mom.

"Wow! Such a pretty girl!" Mofe's mom complemented me as soon as she sighted me.

"That's my second daughter, Chioma" Dad introduced.

"And this is my son, Mofe" She pointed to him. "And my little princess, Iwa" She pointed to the girl that looked about thirteen.

"We kinda know each other already" Mofe stated.

"I knew that, I could feel the chemistry between them" Mama explained and everyone except me laughed.

I dragged my feet so I could get to her without anyone noticing my movement.

I narrowed my eyes. "Don't start what you can't finish"

•••
I hope this chapter was okay?!