Chapter-19

Sam

Sam was so pissed at Rick he didn't even want to come to the class but he did. He couldn't let that self absorbed bastard run his life. He wasn't going to feel hurt for that heartless man.

"We will continue training our wolves today." Rick announced, his eyes looking at everyone except Sam.

Sam tried not to look at him. If what Rick said was true and the bite was indeed a mate's mark, that made Rick his mate. It was so absurd. Sam never thought of owning a mate, especially not male and not Rick. Sam winced when he remembered how Rick's wolf had given him the bite. That explained his frustration from the last few days. The pain, the irritation and over the top arousal. He was in mate heat. And for what? Rick? Rick didn't even want him, he was still stuck on his childhood crush, David.

"We will change into our wolves, first." Rick said with an angry undertone. He knew how Sam felt about changing into his wolf in front of everyone yet he disregarded Sam altogether. Everyone changed into their wolves one by one while Sam stood alone looking anywhere but at Rick.

"Do you need a special invitation?" Rick barked, his eyes shimmering with anger.

"You know, I can't." Sam bit the insides of his lips, tasting blood. Rick walked down the podium almost in slow motion. His eyes trained on Sam, he stood before him and took his hair in his fist. Sam eyes water from the pain but he didn't make a sound.

"You have left me no option," Rick growled before pushing Sam on the ground. He tried to fight but Rick was far stronger than him.

"Change, Sam. Don't make me ask again," Rick yelled. He used his alpha voice to command him. As a pack member, the voice stirred his wolf to obey but Sam resisted.

"Fuck off." Sam said, his face close to the ground, breathing on the concrete floor.

"You are testing me. Don't make me hurt you. You know I will," Rick dug his finger on his neck. "Change. Now!"

It was all too much for Sam's wolf. His body burned with need to change and soon, his wolf was ripping through his skin, coming out with a growl.

Sam's wolf took a few seconds to adjust being around other wolves. When he knew he was under Alpha's command, he crouched low and stayed there.

"Sam?" the shock behind Rick's voice was apparent. Yeah, fucker, it's me, Sam wanted to say.

Everyone was silent for a few seconds before Rick cleared his throat.

"Let's go for a run," Rick ripped off his clothes and turned to his wolf. His brown wolf took off in the woods and the other wolves followed. Sam didn't want to follow him but the pack mentality was instilled in his wolf's DNA. He couldn't resist following the leader, the alpha.

They ran through the thick forest. Running with the pack was exhilarating. He felt like he belonged, like he was finally home. When he was a wolf they accepted him without judgement. The other wolves nudged him playfully and he did the same to them.

His wolf froze when Rick's wolf came closer and sniffed him. His wolf tried to step away, enjoy his time with the other wolves but Rick's wolf was possessive. Rick tried to corner him, have him all for himself. When the other wolves tried to come between the two of them Rick scared them away with a warning growl.

This went on for a few minutes before Rick's wolf sobered up and walked in a clear patch of land, lined with few hurdles. This was the same kind of hurdle they had trained on as humans a few days ago but more difficult. When Rick jumped through a hoop and over a wall, the other wolves followed him. They were training as wolves. Unlike the other times tackling the hurdles as a wolf was easy for Sam.

Sam was happy, more than happy in fact when they were done and ran back to the training center. They changed to their human form in the locker room getting ready to go home when Rick walked in.

"Today was perfect guys. You all did a great job."

"Thanks, Rick," some of the students said while others continued to get dressed, Sam was one of them.

"Sam, can I talk to you for a minute?" Rick asked, turning to him.

"No. I am getting late for my work." Sam said without looking back at Rick as he dressed up in the clothes he left in the locker. It was a good thing, he had bought a whole lot of clothes from a thrift store. He knew changing to wolves would ruin his wardrobe.

"It won't take long. Come to my office when you are ready." Rick didn't wait for his response before he walked out of the locker room.

Sam didn't want to go. He was angry with him but he knew Rick wasn't the kind of guy you deny.

Sam walked to his office and was surprised by a hand pulled him in and shut the door behind him.

"What the fuck!" Sam exclaimed as he was pushed against the wall.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you?" Rick asked, growling the words on his neck. His hot breath fanned his chin, his neck, his lips.

"How does it matter? You were too tangled up in your own past to see me." Sam quivered as he voiced his hurt.

"For fuck sake, Sam." Rick pushed his hips against his stomach, his lips merely inches away from his skin. "Have you ever heard of homosexual mates? I haven't. Think about my shock when I found out."

"You don't have to be with me just because of the mate thing. We are a progressive pack, we don't depend on biology anymore. I hear more and more people are rejecting their mates and marrying out of mate bond."

"Yeah, you think you can with someone else? You think I will let you be with someone else?" Rick said, breathing on his ear, whispering the words with threat.

"You will let me? Oh no." Sam chuckled. "Who are you to 'let me' or 'let me not' do anything?"

"I am your mate, darling. When you are mine, you will do as I say." Rick pulled his t-shirt to the side exposing his marked shoulder. Sam shuddered when Rick's mouth sucked on the spot he had bitten.

"I am not yours. Get off me," Sam tried to push him away but he wouldn't budge.

"Don't," Rick growled. "I have been plenty nice with you, don't push my buttons."

"You have been nice to me?" Sam laughed sarcastically. "You have been everything but nice. You have ignored me my whole life, you asshole."

"I was trying to do the right thing. Anyway, I am not ignoring you anymore."

Sam looked away gritting his teeth and trying to control his temper. All he wanted was to fold his leg and hit him in the balls.

"Look at me," Rick said, taking his chin between his finger and tilting his head to meet his gaze. "I know you are angry. I know I was an asshole to you. And I probably don't deserve you but we belong together, weather you want it or not. You know what happens when you ignore mate bonds? I am sure you have been feeling the effects for it in the past few days." Rick bent down to take his ass and pulled him up on the wall. His hips connected with Rick's, meeting his hard cock.

"I thought I could save you from me," Rick said in his hoarse voice, humping him and groaning when their hard cocks pressed against each other. "But nature has other plans. I am not a patient lover Sam but for you I will try."

**Hey, how are you guys doing? Hope you are liking the story so far? Thanks for your lovely comments, they always make my day. If you are a new reader, hii! Follow me on wattpad, okay? I write about alpha hero bad boys with a soft heart. ***