Chapter 23

4 weeks later, Zoës Point of View

I waited outside the door to Percy's room with basically every hunter with me. Milady was in the room with Percy getting the cast off. We waited and waited until Percy screamed and we ran in. I didn't see why he screamed though, "Why did thou scream?" I asked him. "IM FREE," He sang like a two year old. We all laughed.

We got to Bear Creek National Park in Wyoming and told jokes, laughed, and ate fish. Mine and Percy's Favorite food. Percy was very happy when Milady said he could hunt tomorrow with Diana and Atlanta. Having Percy in my life is a special gift from all the gods I could imagine. He's the core of the hunt, he's the heart that represents the heartbroken.

I headed to my tent and drifted into dreams...nightmares more honestly. I was running and running next to Percy. We sprinted with our life's. We were in a forest at nighttime but the trees were black pine needles and grey trunks. We ran on a ground littered with red grass and while I looked terrified, Percy had determination carved in his features. I had riptide out, my quiver had one arrow in it. Percy held Moonbeam and Slasher And was covered in scars. His skin was tainted from blood and dirt, and I myself looked like a bloody Santa who had just jumped through a chimney and was covered in soot. Blood was falling in my left eye and I was missing a sleeve of my black shirt. I noticed Percy dressed the same as me, a black long sleeve shirt, silver pants, and A black collar on his neck. I stared at my neck and found a similar one. A yell came behind us, "YOU CAN'T RUN DEMIGODS" it was Male, and deep for sure. I tripped on a branch and screamed in pain. Something was wrong with my foot, Percy came to me worried and lifted me bridal style before sprinting again. "ARTEMIS SPAWN!" The voice called. Percy is the only Artemis Spawn ever right? I thought. Percy kept running and looked into my black eyes for a second, "I-" whatever he was saying was cut off when a roar erupted and trees fell. we looked back and saw a 15 foot tall man with grey skin and black wings burst after us. "ZOË!" Percy screamed as the mans hand grabbed him. I fell to the ground. "PERCY!" My voice rang.

I woke up screaming in my green cot. I clamped my mouth shut as Novia ran in. "Zoë? What's wrong? It's 3 am!" Novia whispered coming in, she sat at the end of my cot. "B-Bad Dream." I said shaking from the thought of the cursing nightmare. "Zoë What happened?" Novia put a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and went outside to find Thalia sitting at the fire roasting a rabbit. "Hey Zoë, sup Novia." She chimmed, "Hey," I said putting in a fake smile.

But my mind...was on that nightmare.